ATG's mission is to support and enable the space industry in its endless drive towards technological and economical growth. By making available our knowledge, expertise and unique technological solutions to key players, we truly aim to accelerate innovation throughout the community.
ATG Europe is a leading provider of specialized engineering, scientific and technical services solutions to the Space, Big Science and Defense industries. Our headquarters are located in Noordwijk, the Netherlands with subsidiaries in Germany, UK, Ireland and business presences in several others European countries.Our engineering solutions,provided by over 250 professional engineers and scientists,are based on experience, innovative thinking and flexibility. Our staff are committed to deliver innovative solutions to support the most demanding space engineering challenges.
ATG Spacelabs is the fast-growing in-house engineering, technology- and product development division of ATG Europe,operatingin the Space- and other High-Tech domains through Business Units (BUs):
- The EngineeringLab BU performs structural and thermal engineering services and product development;
- The CompositesLab BU develops a patented unique lightweight and cost-effective grid-stiffened (or lattice) composite structure technology;
- The VirtualLab BU develops technical tools based on VR and AR technologies; for e.g. collaborative design, technical training and communication applications;
- The MediaLab BU, produce major 3D Computer Graphic productions, high-quality images renders from scratch combining 2D and 3D techniques as required.
The overall SpaceLabs team consists of young-, ambitious- and multi-disciplinary engineers in a dynamic working environment. They are value-focused with a high-performance drive. We have a team culture which can be described as pragmatic, optimization-minded, fun and caring towards each other.
Objectives of the position
- Works to improve the Divisions market position and achieve business growth and sustainability;
- Ensures delivery of planned and budgeted Division results against the agreed time, quality and budget constraints;
- Coordinates the work and synergy of the SpaceLabs Business Units (Engineering, Composites, VR/AR and Media);
- Maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions, identifies business opportunities, builds key customer relationships, supports the negotiation and closure of business deals;
- Manages and realizes multi-disciplinary programs.
- Defines and negotiates all terms of the programs, in line with the corporate strategy and directives;
- Contributes to the definition of strategic goals for the Division, in liaison and assisting the ATG Chief Strategy Officer.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Division performance Development Responsible of the PL of the SpaceLabs Division under his/her responsibility;
- Provides operational management and coaching to the Business Unit Managers and Project Managers;
- Coordinates the generation, monitoring and updates of the yearly budgets of each Business Unit and provides harmonized inputs for the whole Division to the Financial department;
- Generate and provide elements to the CCO to prepare and maintain the 3 years acquisitions outlook;
- Coordinates and contributes to the identification of new products and services of the companies and the related market positioning and business development plans;
- Coordinates and harmonizes the creation and implementation the Marketing, Advertising Promotion
- Plan of the Business Units in the Division;
- Contributes to the research and identification of potential new clients and partners and builds relationships with them, and the decision makers within their organizations;
- Identify, setup and manage the subcontractors supply chain for the Spacelabs services and solutions;
- Coordinates and supports the closure of new business deals of each Business Unit in the Division;
- Coordinates and contributes to the identification of potential acquisitions and investment opportunities in line with the corporate strategy and objectives.Projects, Change Management and planningEnsures availability and consistency of detailed Project plans prior to the start of the projects in the Business Units;
- Assesses consistency with corporate objectives of projects and changes objectives and the related management plans.Harmonizes at Division level the risk management approach of the activities of each Business Unit.Quality AssuranceSupervises, coordinates and contributes to enforcing compliance to ATGs processes, procedures and guidelines;
- When applicable, supervises, coordinates and contributes to enforcing compliance to customers requirements, processes, procedures and guidelines;
- Coordinates and contributes to the (improvement of) internal processes, procedures and guidelines.Co-ordination, mentoring and reportingGenerate and maintain a regular SpaceLabs division report addressed to the CEO;
- Supervises and coordinates the initiation of projects and assignments within each Business Unit;
- Serves as a source of information, subject expert, informal mentor, sounding board, shadow adviser, etc. with respect to the assigned field of attention. Shares professional knowledge and practical experience with colleagues;
- Provides directives and guidance in the production of proposals for tenders;
- Leads meetings, gives presentations and writes reports to present and implement solutions and to meet corporate and client expectations pro-actively;
- Coordinates and contributes to the ATG internal knowledge base.
- A Masters degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, and relevant hands-on Engineering Experience are required;
- At least 10 years of experience with engineering- and Project Management activities in the Aerospace industry and specifically in the Space industry are desired;
- For this position you must possess both helicopter view ability and an eye for detail to fine granularity;
- You must be able to maintain standards and monitor quality, whilst acting with ethically justifiable pragmatism in trading off technical and commercial aspects;
- You must be capable of managing a high workload for personal and team health;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required;
- Fluency in the English language (spoken and written) is crucial. Good command of, or fluency in, the
- Dutch language is a strong asset. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset as well;
- At least a rudimentary sense of humor is appreciated;
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in the EU and EEA;
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate;
- Applicants must be able to provide a recent formal statement of good conduct.
What do we offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.