DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 200 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
Inside of the Infrastructure Department we offer the following career option:
GNSS High Accuracy Engineer
The GNSS High Accuracy Service engineer will be part of GfR’s newly established and growing NAVCAST service team. Navcast is a commercial service from Spaceopal GmbH (see http://spaceopal.com/navcast/) that aims at providing high accuracy positioning solutions to users worldwide. We are looking for highly motivated GNSS professionals that have, besides distinct team player skills, also the ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to the challenges of this highly dynamic environment. The position offers lots of hands-on opportunities during the design, implementation and validation phase of NAVCAST and will challenge you to find innovative solutions to upcoming problems. The successful candidate will also have strong communication and networking skills.Your Main Responsibilities:
- Support the definition and implementation of NAVCAST Operations Procedures
- Support NAVCAST software and hardware upgrades as well as NAVCAST evolution
- Support or lead NAVCAST validation campaigns
- Monitor, evaluate and report on NAVCAST system and service performance
- Operate NAVCAST hardware and software
- Strong background in GNSS Navigation and high accuracy GNSS services, systems, software and hardware
- Experienced with GNSS operational software for GNSS correction generation and monitoring
- Profound knowledge of orbit determination, time transfer and precise point positioning (PPP)
- Ability to become an expert for the core processing engines for GNSS orbit and clock determination
- Significant experience with Linux environments (hardware and software installations, shell scripting, network design, software debugging)
- Knowledge of C/C++, Fortran, Perl
- Experienced with GNSS system monitoring and the generation of GNSS performance reports
- Ability to also work independently
- Problem solving skills to diagnose and troubleshoot anomalies and trigger the correct mitigation actions
- Ability to point out improvements for software and operational procedures
- Familiarity with 24/7 and/or 8/5 operations
- Familiarity with GNSS and PPP performance analysis.
Your Minimum Qualification:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or in an equivalent field
- At least 2 years of experience in hardware and software support on Linux/Unix systems
- Fluent in English, German would be an asset.
The position is based in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany.
Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo + trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment + international team spirit + 30 days annual leave + compatibility of career and family life e.g. through flexible working time models in the context of company requirements + Extra benefits such as awo lifebalance + a varied personnel development program + individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad) + employer-financed retirement plan + attractive location with a high recreational value in the five-lakes region near Munich + and much much more …
We have aroused your interest but you still have questions about the position? Then please contact us!
Contact person specialist department: Head of Infrastructure Department, Ulrich Grunert, Ulrich.Grunert@dlr-gfr.de
Contact person Human Resources: Human Resources Business Partner, Raphael Groß, email@example.com