The German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR) is the national aeronautics and space research centre of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its extensive research and development work in aeronautics, space, energy, transport, security and digitalisation is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures. DLR is also responsible for the planning and implementation of Germany’s space activities on behalf of the federal government. DLR is also the umbrella organisation for one of Germany's largest project management agencies.
Student in electrical engineering, radio frequency / communications engineering or similar
DLR Institute of Space Systems
“Top research needs excellent minds at all levels – especially more women! Start with us, we look forward to your application”Your Prof. Dr. Pascale Ehrenfreund – Chairman of the Board
The Institute of Space Systems in Bremen analyzes and evaluates complex space systems with regard to their technical, economic and social relevance. It develops space-based applications for scientific, commercial and security-related needs and implements them in cooperation with other DLR institutes, research institutions and industry.
The job holder should mainly work in the electronics development laboratory of the institute. The electronics development laboratory is involved in most of the institute’s projects. It develops special measuring electronics, payload components for satellites and supports the work groups in technical, theoretical and practical work. High-quality tools are available, such as reflow soldering systems, various rapid prototyping systems, climatic chambers and measuring devices for recording fast digital signals and evaluating parameters of high-frequency technology.
The technical tasks include:
- Development, expansion and operation of radio systems and antennas
- Construction, simulation and measurement of elements of high-frequency technology as well as antennas in software and hardware
- Development, operation and optimization of software-defined radio systems
- Support in laboratory processes and projects
The position is initially limited to 6 months, the start is flexible by arrangement.
- Studied electrical engineering and information technology, ideally already in the master’s degree, HF / communications engineering
- first experience in the field of HF EDA software such as CST Studio Suite, Microwave Office or similar
- Knowledge of programming in Matlab / Python / C
- Basic knowledge of Linux and network technology desired
Look forward to an employer who appreciates your commitment and promotes your development through a wide range of qualification and training opportunities. Our unique work environment offers you design freedom and an incomparable infrastructure in which you can achieve your mission. Compatibility of private life, family and work as well as equal opportunities for people of all genders (m / f / d) are an important part of our personnel policy. We prefer applications from severely disabled people if they are suitably qualified.