DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission.
Inside of the SPO Secondment we offer the following career option:
Galileo Ground Segment Engineer (m/f/d)
Reference No. 210111
The Spaceopal (SPO) Ground Segment Engineer is a member of the SPO Evolutions Team reporting to the SPO Evolutions Manager in SPO’s Galileo Service Operator (GSOp) frame of activities.
The role requires liaising effectively across all SPO teams and with other GSOp teams, Design Authority teams (ESA and Industry) and Customer representatives (GSA).
The main responsibility is: to assure harmonized and coordinated Ground Segment Engineering processes and activities spanning over all Galileo ground infrastructure, sites and teams. Processes and activities to be managed and overseen are primarily, but not limited to, the following:
- Managing the operations preparation and operational validation of new infrastructure deployments and related operational scenarios and products ensuring these can be declared fit for providing services
- Promoting and following-up engineering specifications and developments for ground infrastructure and service evolutions as originated directly from SPO or from GSOp partners
- Coordinating GSOp teams’ support and synergies during System/Service verification / qualification campaigns as led by the Design Authority and/or final Customer.
- The above shall be ensured for the entire Ground Segment, but with specific focus on both the UNCLA and CLA Galileo Control Services domains.
Oversee key ground infrastructure issues and configuration changes, promoting the related information transfer and awareness across all GSOp teams, up to the follow-on fix or change validation and related implementation into service.
In the context of a Galileo Ground Infrastructure Release cycle, mainly pertaining to the UNCLA and CLA control services domains:
- Coordinate the GSOp support to ground HW/SW infrastructure Segment/Element Design, Development and Verification and Qualification milestone reviews and campaigns prior to and as these reach deployment to Galileo sites
- Contribute to operational products’ development and validation planning for System and Service operations spanning across more sites and entities
- Monitor and steer the development and operational readiness of procedures and processes
- Act as lead technical interface towards the Customer and other stakeholders in the preparation and chairing of the related GSOp milestone reviews
- Manage the development and maintenance of the associated SPO deliverables
- Account on the readiness for service provision of the infrastructure releases
In the context of System/Service Evolutions, manage the engineering specifications, monitor the follow-on development, lead the formal iterations with Customer and Design Authority for detailed Service Improvement Proposals by SPO or other GSOp partners’ operational and service teams, primarily in the UNCLA and CLA control services domains:
- Monitor closely and coordinate planning and support to System and Segment on-site I&V campaigns (UNCLA and CLA) ensuring adequate monitoring and contribution by GSOp teams to the related outcomes for the benefit of Service provision
- Coordinate closely within the SPO Evolution team and with other SPO teams (e.g. Services, ILS, Security) while liaising in strict cooperation also with other GSOp partners as required
- Develop technical notes, plans and other documentation as required plus regular reports on status of activities
- Occasionally contribute, as and when required:
- to SPO technical proposal preparation processes liaising with SPO legal and contracts
- to the execution of other ongoing SPO contracts beyond the scope of GSOp
- Hold a degree in Telecommunications/Electronics/Informatics Engineering or Physics with at least 5 years of work experience. Alternatively, 8+ years related work experience
- Have a Systems Engineering formation, best if developed in the Space industry and in international environments/projects
- Have experience and background in Satellite Navigation and related control services engineering
- Have knowledge and experience in Security and related processes
- Have experience in managing technical teams
- Experience and background specific to GALILEO or EGNOS programmes
- Experience and background in Ground Systems AIV or Operations
The job requires also
- Good interpersonal liaising and communication skills with strong attitude to team work
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with knowledge of Italian and/or German also appreciated
- Hands-on mentality and systematic, self-organized, able to prioritize way of working
- Fluency in standard office automation tools
Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo + trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment + international team spirit + 30 days annual leave + compatibility of career and family life e.g. through flexible working time models in the context of company requirements + Extra benefits such as awo lifebalance + a varied personnel development program + individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad) + employer-financed retirement plan + attractive location with a high recreational value in the five-lakes region near Munich + and much much more …
We have aroused your interest but you still have questions about the position? Then please contact us!
Contact Manager SPO Secondment: General Manager SPO, André Bauerhin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person Human Resources: HR Business Partner, Cornelia Nastas, 08153 – 8800575, email@example.com