DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 170 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
The Cyber Security group within DLR GfR mbH is responsible for the security of Galileo IT applications. As an information security analyst for the Galileo project, you will be responsible within the Cyber Security group for the regular analysis of security risks in accordance with the requirements of the Galileo client (European GNSS Agency) as well as the verification of the implementation of adequate security measures and also support security audits.
You will edit and manage documents to monitor the implementation and verification of security measures at DLR GfR mbH and their projects and carry out regular analyzes of their applicability and effectiveness. You will work closely with the IT and cyber security experts at DLR GfR within your projects in order to gain early knowledge of security-relevant deviations in the information system.
Based on catalogs of requirements, you will regularly develop recommendations for changes and improvements that cover every aspect of the company’s information security and its projects. As an information security analyst, you are also responsible for the creation and management of ongoing documentation in the event of security incidents in the DLR GfR and its projects.
- Independent monitoring and analysis of the procedures and applications in information security running regularly in day-to-day business, such as access protection, encryption, configuration control, vulnerability analysis, malware detection, database activities and verification of implementation (focus on Galileo networks and systems)
- Review and analysis of event logs to identify anomalies in the local security environment and harmful activities in the local Galileo system; Development of suggestions for troubleshooting
- Determination of possible dangers for the information and communication systems by evaluating the results of technical monitoring tools, in connection with local and global risk analyzes in the Galileo system
- Support in evaluating and reporting on forensic investigations
- Editing of the security risk register, with a focus on the Galileo project
- Regular implementation of internal audits in the Galileo Security Environment, recording of the measures and follow-up
- Preparation of training documents and regular training of project staff in connection with security incident response methodologies
- Regular reporting to the Site Infosec team, quick escalation in the event of a specific threat situation in the IT area
- Regular review and documentation of the system against the security requirements defined by the customer
- Responsible for regular checking of security-relevant logs (locally and at remote locations)
- Completed bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable training
- Many years of experience in the IT sector
- Many years of professional experience in the security industry
- Knowledge of national legal requirements as well as international standards from information security (e.g. business secrecy (BMWi), NIST, ISO 27001, etc.)
- Hands-on understanding of the technologies and common threats in network security
- Willingness to undergo a security check according to SÜG
- Business fluent German and English, spoken and written
- Secrecy and reliability
Participation in the European lighthouse project Galileo + trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment + international team spirit + 30 days annual vacation + work-life balance, e.g. through flexible working time models within the framework of operational requirements + support offers such as awo lifebalance + diverse personnel development program + individual career options (e.g. through secondments to partner agencies / companies abroad) + employer- financed pension + attractive location with high recreational value in the Fünfseenland near Munich and much more
We have piqued your interest but you still have questions about the position? Then please contact us!