DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission.
Inside of the Operations Department we offer the following career option:
Reference No. 3882021
The Planning team inside the Galileo Project shall support and cooperate with Flight, Space Segment, Ground, Mission and Training teams in the preparation, scheduling and in some cases execution of all operations required for Galileo constellation and its Ground Segment, from LEOP to routine, until End-of-Life (EoL) and disposal, also including the handling of potential contingencies at Ground and/or Space Segment levels.
As Planning Engineer, you will be responsible to deliver on a weekly basis the Operational Timeline for the Galileo Project and the associated Team Plan.
You will be offered a stable and long term opportunity to work in an international and competitive environment on a high profile European Project. DLR GfR mbH is encouraging you to have the initiative and drive to take on responsibility that will develop your technical as well as your leadership skills.
Learn more in one year than you will in any other organization and take on the following tasks as Planning Engineer:
- Preparation of Timeline and Team Plan for routine Galileo Satellite Constellation Operations as well as for Launch and Early Orbit Phase and In-Orbit Testing campaigns.
- Participation in Medium and Short Term Planning meetings.
- Coordination of the inputs received from the different teams involved in Galileo Constellation Operations.
- Coordination of pre- and post-Launch and Early Orbit Phase campaign activities.
- Conducting operations from the Galileo Control Center in Italy (up to 2-3 times per year) for planned or unplanned scenarios, as required.
- Support to Ground Control Segment anomaly investigation and resolution.
- Support to Ground Control Segment evolution and improvement processes.
- Maintenance, development and improvement of operational planning processes, procedures, tools and databases.
- Maintenance and development of training material.
It would be desirable that the selected candidate could be open to be cross-trained as Flight Dynamic Engineer, to take over in the medium-/long-term (e.g. from 2022 onwards) also some of the following tasks:
- support to routine orbit determination, propagation, event prediction and derived products for different teams and elements;
- preparation and execution of station acquisition and keeping, collision avoidance and graveyarding manoeuvre campaigns;
- support to Space and Ground Control Segment anomaly investigation and resolution.
- Master degree in engineering or equivalent, preferably in Aerospace, Telecommunications or Systems Engineering.
- Strong organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
- Positive attitude towards cooperative team working and ability to interface with customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities, as well as identify and resolve appearing conflicts.
- Proactive in self-learning and improvement.
- Willingness to work in a multicultural, dynamic and challenging environment.
- Comfortable with using Linux command line tools.
- Experience in spacecraft operations would be an asset.
- Experience with programming languages like VBA, Python and/or bash would be an asset.
- An advanced level of English is mandatory.
- Knowledge of satellite navigation, geodesy, orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics principles, would be an asset.
- Experience in the space or ground segment of navigation satellite systems, such as EGNOS or Galileo, would be an asset.
Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo + trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment + international team spirit + 30 days annual leave + compatibility of career and family life e.g. through flexible working time models in the context of company requirements + Extra benefits such as awo lifebalance + a varied personnel development program + individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad) + employer-financed retirement plan + attractive location with a high recreational value in the five-lakes region near Munich + and much much more …
We have aroused your interest but you still have questions about the position? Then please contact us!
Contact person Human Resources: Jutta Gahler, firstname.lastname@example.org