DLR GfR mbH offers reliable and safe services in the aerospace sector. On behalf of the European Commission, we operate and monitor the Galileo satellite constellation in the Galileo control center in Oberpfaffenhofen.
DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission.
Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination – the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 230 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future.
Become a part of us!
As a core team member of the Galileo Service Operator (GSOp), DLR GfR mbH operates and manages the constellation of Galileo satellites from the Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany (GCC-D).
As a Spacecraft Operations Engineer you will be responsible for the performance of tasks in the Galileo flight control team and will assume the following duties:
- Implementation of tasks in Galileo operations
- Planning and implementation of test procedures
- Providing service in compliance with Key Performance Indicators
- Performance and trend analysis
- Error analysis and error-handling procedures
- Analysis, development and production of operating procedures
- Production of training documents
- Support of the control center in Fucino, Italy
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent (preferred in aerospace engineering or equivalent)
- Knowledge of satellite navigation
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Willingness to work in shifts
- Willingness to work oncall
- Advantage: Experience in satellite operations
- Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo
- Trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment
- International team spirit
- 30 days annual leave
- Additional days off on 24.12., 31.12. and Shrove Tuesday
- Work-Life-Balance e.g. through flexible working time models and mobile office options
- Child care for children from 1 to 3 years
- Varied personnel development program
- Individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad)
- Employer-financed retirement plan
- Attractive location with a high recreational value in the five-lakes region near Munich
- And much more …