INTERNSHIP IN TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center on behalf of the European Commission.
Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination – the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 250 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
As an Intern, you will be assigned a dedicated supervisor who has previously taught or supervised students and has domain knowledge in the field of Maintenance/Operations in Galileo, your mission will be to be involved in writing and drawing up technical documentation in the Operations and Maintenance teams.
We are looking for candidates from Computer Science, IT, Aerospace Areas who want work with us during semesters (with flexibility for weeks with high academic workload) to ensure that the internship is as mutually beneficial as possible.
We offer you as an Intern the possibility to learn and develop skills in the operations and maintenance department to build familiarity with Galileo and the inner workings of space projects in general.
Your tasks will include:
- Help to engineers/technical managers in the Operations and Maintenance department for gathering all the information.
- Contribute to the Preparation and delivery of simple but effective technical documentation (user manuals, reports, procedures).
- Help to develop templates to work consistently and efficiently.
- Checking and revising existing documents.
- Archive in a systematic way minutes, reports, procedures, and other documents that are produced or delivered to the department.
- Improve our document system web tools.
- Support other engineers to improve the outcome and quality of technical documentation.
- Scan hard copy of the reports when needed and maintain the database.
- Third- or fourth-year student pursuing a master’s degree or a 5-year engineering degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, IT, Aerospace Areas
- Strong interest in aerospace navigation, as well as technical interest in satellite operations
- Basic understanding of software development processes and practices
- MS Office and Excel
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Knowledge of a documentation system is an asset
- HTML skills
- Linux and Python and other Scripting languages (Power shell, bash, etc)
- Learning potential
- Independent worker and self-starter
- Fluent in English and German is desirable
- Team player
- A paid internship
- Work-Life-Balance, e.g., through flexible working time models and mobile office options
- Trusting and appreciative cooperation as well as international Teamspirit
- Possibility of obtaining a permanent contract following a successful internship
We have aroused your interest but you still have questions about the position? Then please contact us!