DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 170 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
As a Database Analyst in the Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany you fulfill activities related to ODB preparation, validation, and maintenance. Your field of responsibility may include trips to the control center in Italy (Fucino) and interface with other operations teams or DLR GfR customers.
As part of the Flight Control Team you contribute to the regular reporting, support of milestones defined by the project and to internal/external services/activities as defined by the Spacecraft Operations and Spacecraft Engineering Managers.
You will be offered a stable and long term opportunity to work in an international environment on a high profile European Project. You can look forward to an Employer who will value your engagement and who fosters your development through further qualifications and training. Our unique working environment provides space for work autonomy and an incomparable satellite control infrastructure where you will get one of the best insights in spacecraft constellation control around the world.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for the Operations DB Development
- Population of the operations database according to Database Change Requests (DCR)
- Validation of the DCR implementation in the SCCF
- Debugging and correction of the operational database
- ODB installation and activation on SCCF
- Analysis of input SRDBs delivered by Space Segment
- Participation in the ODB/SRDB/MOIS CRBs/NRBs/ARBs
- Participation in the SRDB acceptance process chaired by ESA
- Development of tools, processes and related documentation for (automated) ODB releases
- Support of improvements related to the ODB and support tools
- PoC for MONTH
- Anomaly Investigation and report generation, validation of fixes
- PoC for the Multi-Site Sync Operations Preparation Facility (MSS OPF)
- Operational Validation of MSS OPF, definition of additional requirements
- Maintenance of the Operational Product Configuration List
- Master´s degree in telecommunications, aerospace engineering, informatics or equivalent
- Experience in operations database population, maintenance, debugging and analysis
- Experience in Spacecraft Operations Engineering
- Experience with SCOS 2000 and MOIS
- Experience in Operations Procedure Preparation would be an asset
- Experience in Spacecraft Operations Execution (LEOP, Commissioning, Routine, Contingency) is desirable
Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo
+ trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment
+ international team spirit
+ 30 days annual leave
+ compatibility of career and family life e.g. through flexible working time models in the context of company requirements
+ Extra benefits such as awo lifebalance
+ a varied personnel development program
+ individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad)
+ employer-financed retirement plan
+ attractive location with a high recreational value in the five-lakes region near Munich
+ and much much more …
We have aroused your interest but you still have questions about the position? Then please contact us!
Contact person Human Resources: Jutta Gahler, email@example.com