DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 170 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual with experience and strong understanding of Reliability Availability Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) and/or System Performance engineering within the aerospace or similar industry.
As a RAMS and System Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for providing qualitative and quantitative analysis of the Galileo System under the responsibility of GfR as well as contributing to other project initiatives.
The ideal candidate would have a track record of for delivering in time, be effective working in a multidisciplinary team and producing high quality reports which can support decisions related to system configuration changes and upgrades.
The position includes the following tasks:
- Providing RAMS analysis solutions in support of GfR’s major projects (for example for Galileo Service Operator activities)
- Working closely with in-house engineering teams to deliver detailed RAMS analysis
- Maintain RAMS Analysis based on updated system baselines
- Provide RAMS expertise supporting in all relevant business areas, across all phases of a project
- Specifying safety critical systems and reliability requirements
- Perform System Performance Simulations and Analysis
- Contribute to safety and risk assessments
- Master in engineering or equal certificates
- Fluent in English in reading, writing and spoken language
- In depth knowledge of RAMS engineering process, methods and tools
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in aerospace RAMS programs (or similar)
- Good knowledge of the Galileo System is preferable