DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 170 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
Inside of our Operations Department we offer the following career option:
AIV Maintenance Engineer
As a core team member of the Galileo Service Operator (GSOp), DLR GfR mbH operates and manages the constellation of Galileo satellites from the Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen in Germany (GCC-D).
The Maintenance Engineering team inside the Galileo Project is the driving force behind the staggered implementation of the Level 2 and Level 3 maintenance of the Galileo Ground Infrastructure (Galileo Mission Segment, Galileo Control Segment, GNSS Service Center, Galileo Security Monitoring Center).
As AIV Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible to perform corrective, preventive, adaptive and perfective maintenance activities for the Galileo maintenance, validation and operational environments. You will be in the leading team for the handover of the maintenance activities from the design authority to GSOp.
You will be offered a stable and long term opportunity to work in an international and competitive environment on a high profile European Project. DLR GfR mbH is encouraging you to have the initiative and drive to take on responsibility that will develop your technical as well as your leadership skills.
Learn more in one year than you will in any other organization! Your responsibilities include:
Within 6 months:
- Delve in to particular subject expertise related to the Galileo Control Segment and understand the end to end Galileo System;
- Autonomously perform all maintenance procedures of the ground segment manual;
- Deliver the L2 maintenance training need analysis and training plan;
- Support the major Ground Infrastructure Releases incorporation activities;
- Support the design of end-to-end integrated maintenance and troubleshooting environments for Galileo systems;
- Actively support all milestone reviews related to the L2/L3 maintenance handover.
In 12 months:
- Mentor new AIV maintenance engineers;
- Write and validate troubleshooting procedures for the Galileo Control Segment;
- Support OPS/L1 and L3 teams for problem management, system restoration, vulnerability management and handling of security incidents;
- Support the continuous service improvements initiatives and implement knowledge management approach;
- Provide inputs to Service Asset and Configuration Management activities, including maintaining the configuration via the provided tools.
In two years, you will deliver L2 maintenance services activities for the Galileo Ground Control Segment, in close cooperation with system experts and operations teams.
- Master´s degree in engineering or equivalent
- At least two years of experience in:
- Operations or maintenance of satellite monitoring and control software suites
- Ground systems testing and validation
- Knowledge of navigation ground segment such as Egnos or Galileo
- Experience in Linux environments
- Experience in VMware vSphere virtual machines
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Familiar with networks and their protocols
- Knowledge of Databases (Oracle/MySql)
- Experience in Mission Control Systems like SCOS would be an asset
- Good troubleshooting skills including root cause analysis
- An advanced level of English is mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers