DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission. In addition, we are an Air Navigation Service Provider. Based on our aerospace expertise we are developing highly accurate and manufacturer-independent services for communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS). Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination - the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our growing team of 160 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation of the future. Become a part of us!
The DLR Society for Space Applications (GfR) mbH has the core task of operating the Galileo control center in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich.
The senior cyber security engineer is responsible for the planning and coordination of the relevant work in the group with regard to analytical activities, the regular analysis of security risks in accordance with the Galileo client and the verification of the implementation of adequate security measures, as well as the implementation of security audits.
The future post holder will take on the following activities in particular:
- Review and analysis of information security procedures and applications that run regularly in day-to-day business (access protection, encryption, configuration control, vulnerability analysis, malware detection, source code review, patching), with prior analysis of the project requirements in the cyber security area, development of an implementation concept for the affected areas, e.g. test environments, L2 / L3 maintenance
- Determination and classification of KAT from the most severe I to level II and III system anomalies in the local security environment, creation of a solution concept, classification
- Development and implementation of new projects and technical solutions in the cyber security area
- Determination of possible dangers for the information and communication systems, review of the implementation and development of an efficient operational solution ready for signature, followed by escalation in the event of violations
- Processing of the security risk register through the continuous identification of new cyber security risks and dangers
- Regular implementation of internal audits in the Galileo Security Environment as well as support for external audits by European and national authorities, this includes in particular the preparation and follow-up of the content
- Preparation of training documents and regular training of project staff in connection with security
- Regular reporting and quick escalation to the technical supervisor.
- Regular review and documentation of the system against the security requirements defined by the customer, in the event of deviations, creation of appropriate correction concepts and implementation.
- Definition of cyber security processes and workflows
- Completed university degree in the field of computer science / information technology with a focus on network / IT security, comparable degree, or otherwise demonstrable equivalent professional qualification in the IT security environment
- Knowledge of the administration of client and server systems (Windows and Linux)
- Scripting knowledge for the analysis and automatic storage of log files
- Certifications in IT security, e.g. TISP, CISSP, etc. are an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Knowledge of network technology, VPN technology and firewalls
- Knowledge of monitoring and log systems
- Experience in creating concepts and system planning
- Several years experience
- Participation in the European lighthouse project Galileo
- Trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment
- More international Team spirit
- 30 days of annual leave
- Additional vacation days on December 24th, 31st and Shrove Tuesday
- Work-life balance thanks to flexible working time models and mobile office options
- Child care for children from 1 to 3 years
- Diverse personnel development program
- Individual career options (e.g. by seconding to partner agencies / companies abroad)
- Employer-financed old-age provision
- Attractive location with high recreational value in the Fünfseenland near Munich
We have piqued your interest, but you still have questions about the position? Then feel free to contact us!