Researching for the world of tomorrow
- As a core team member of the Galileo Service Operator (GSOp), DLR GfR mbH operates and manages the constellation of Galileo satellites from the Galileo Control Center in Oberpfaffenhofen in Germany (GCC-D) and maintains the European GNSS Service Centre in Spain (Madrid).
- The Maintenance Engineering team inside the Galileo Project is the driving force behind the staggered implementation of the Level 2 and Level 3 maintenance of the Galileo Ground Infrastructure (Galileo Mission Segment, Galileo Control Segment, GNSS Service
Center, Galileo Security Monitoring Center). The position is based in Madrid.
- As High Accuracy Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible to perform corrective, preventive, adaptive and perfective maintenance activities for the Galileo maintenance, validation and operational environments. You will be in the leading team for the handover of the maintenance activities from the design authority to GSOp.
- You will be offered a stable and long-term opportunity to work in an international and competitive environment on a high profile European Project. DLR GfR mbH is encouraging you to have the initiative and drive to take on responsibility that will develop your
technical as well as your leadership skills.
Learn more in one year than you will in any other organization! Your responsibilities include:
Within 6 months:
- Delve into particular subject expertise related to the High Accuracy Data Generator and understand the end to end Galileo System;Autonomously perform all maintenance procedures of the ground segment manual;
- Deliver the L2 maintenance training need analysis and training plan;
- Support the major Ground Infrastructure Releases incorporation activities;
- Support the design of end-to-end integrated maintenance and troubleshooting environments for Galileo systems;
- Actively support all milestone reviews related to the L2/L3 maintenance handover.
In 12 months:
- Mentor new L2 maintenance engineers;
- Write and validate troubleshooting procedures for the High Accuracy Data Generator;
- Support OPS/L1 and L3 teams for problem management, system restoration, vulnerability management and handling of security incidents;
- Support the continuous service improvements initiatives and implement knowledge management approach;
- Provide inputs to Service Asset and Configuration Management activities, including maintaining the configuration via the provided tools.
In two years, you will deliver L2 maintenance services activities for the High Accuracy Data Generator, in close cooperation with system experts and operations teams.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- The GNSS high-accuracy service engineer will be part of the growing high accuracy service team within GfR.
- We are looking for a GNSS professional motivated to learn continuously, flexible and excited to work in a hands-on hardware and software environment, who enjoys taking on new projects and solve problems.
- Install, integrate and verify components of the high accuracy service hardware and software in Linux environments.
- Monitor, analyse and forecast high accuracy service performance for troubleshooting purposes.
Assessment of performance anomalies and identification of the root cause. Elaboration of reports.
- Develop supporting tools for performance monitoring and analysis.
- Lead high accuracy service validation defining tests and performing analysis to ensure correct implementation of features and no regressions.
- Define and oversight the high accuracy service user segment development, validation and evolution.
- Master´s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience in:Operations or maintenance of complex ICT environments.
- Ground systems testing and validation.
- Solid understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices of information technology.
- Knowledge of Galileo or GNSS augmentation systems.
- Experienced using Linux and with Linux scripting.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, docker, ansible.
- Availability to support on-call service.
- Experienced in GNSS and high accuracy GNSS services, systems, software and hardware.
- Experienced in GNSS performance analysis and root cause analysis.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- An advanced level of English is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers.
- Collaboration in the European lighthouse project Galileo
- Trusting and appreciative cooperation in an international environment
- International team spirit
- 30 days annual leave
- Additional days off on 24.12., 31.12. and Shrove Tuesday
- Work-Life-Balance e.g. through flexible working time models and mobile office options
- Varied personnel development program
- Individual career options (for example through secondments to partner agencies / enterprises abroad)
- Employer-financed retirement plan