Software PA Engineer – Aerospace
We think electronics.dependable
Are you interested in developing high-end electronic systems for the aerospace industry?
We at DSI develop hardware and software solutions and computer technologies as well as innovative communication systems for space applications. DSI hardware and software are flying as part of prominent space programs such as ExoMars (Mars mission) Copernicus (meteorological satellite) and JUICE (Jupiter mission). Since 1997, our steadily growing team has been producing highly innovative, customer-specific and dependable solutions.
What are your responsibilities?
- Software product assurance (SW PA) planning based on ECSS-Q-ST-80 and standard company processes
- Implementation of SW PA program for running flight SW projects:
- Document quality/verification reviews
- SW dependability and criticality analysis
- Checking usage of SW development tools and methods
- Promoting proper application of ECSS and company processes and standards
- Code reviews/inspections, monitoring code quality and metrics
- Checking quality of requirements management and testing activities
- Promoting and aiding project quality goals’ achievement.
- Preparation of SW PA reports and participation, as needed, in meetings and milestone reviews with the customer
- Potential flexible participation/aiding in SW engineering, development and testing activities acc. to company needs (e.g. current low SW PA workload and need on a different project)
What do we expect from you?
- Completed degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics or a comparable field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the field of embedded software development, preferably in the space industry, but at the minimum in a domain with similarly rigorous processes (e.g. aviation, automotive, medical instruments).
- Past focus on quality/PA is beneficial but not required.
- A high level of knowledge and experience in the use of the C programming language
- Knowledge of software engineering principles and processes
- A structured, independent and responsible approach to work and a high level of quality awareness
- Pragmatic approach to PA/quality assurance – focus on serious quality issues, while balancing the processing of minor issues with schedule and cost goals of the project
- High level of written English and some fluency in spoken English, ideally at least basics in German
- Extra advantages are knowledge of and experience with real-time embedded operating systems, real-time software development, unit testing tools, embedded processor simulators, C++, scripting languages
- Past experience with software PA and development standards (especially ECSS-Q-ST-80C but also ECSS-E-ST-40C) and coding standards is also a plus
What are we offering?
- Competitive salary and up to +100% company contribution to corporate pension insurance
- Highly interesting topics and application domains including our main field of embedded software for electronic satellite payload equipment
- Challenging and varied tasks encompassing all aspects of software engineering from requirements engineering to design, coding and verification
- Opportunity to branch out into other fields within the company (engineering analyses, testing of hardware and firmware, development of software for satellite ground support and test systems)
- Friendly and informal team atmosphere with a flat organisational hierarchy in an international team
- Possibility of flexible and family-friendly working hours and central location with good transport links
- Company-financed fitness club membership
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace