SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Dynamics is responsible for low and high frequency loads, vibration and forcing functions across all vehicles and programs at SpaceX (Falcon, Dragon, Starship, Starlink, etc.). The dynamics group has a wide range of responsibilities that include fairing and launch pad acoustics, engine dynamics, valve kinematics, fluid system dynamics, structural dynamics and even database design and software programming for tool development. Dynamics engineers are expected to have a strong intuition of the frequency domain in addition to having solid software and analytical skills.
- Resolve dynamics problems through analysis and test
- Build finite element models
- Execute dynamic testing from start-to-finish (pre-test analysis, sensor selection & installation, testing, data analysis, signal processing and model correlation)
- Perform analyses using commercial and in-house codes as well as write new code
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience with dynamics via full-time employment, outside the classroom project teams or lab work
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on experience either analyzing data or building hardware
- Experience with vibration and shock testing
- Experience with NASTRAN
- Finite element modeling experience (use of FEMAP)
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test, including a fundamental understanding of strength, stability and fatigue failure mechanisms
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.