At E-Space, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
- Lead the development of a new manufacturing facility including multiple high-rate and low-rate production lines with a variety of technologies.
- Lead a team and participate in defining new processes for the high rate and low-rate production including manufacturing execution, material traceability, process control, and all other system/business/production systems.
- Create the organization chart for production, job descriptions and lead the hiring and building of the production operations team.
- Lead the development of the standardized metrics for the production and quality teams.
- Lead the implementation of data acquisition and reporting for production and quality metrics, as well as environmental, testing and safety controls.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to the organization, partners and suppliers.
- Work with the Engineering Leadership team to ensure proper design for manufacturing and lead the facilities development and preparation for manufacturing.
- Consistently contribute effort, leadership and creative thinking with the management team under tight deadlines.
- Work with R&D and sustaining engineering groups to ensure design for testability and manufacturability.
- Set goals and objectives for their team which will be clearly articulated to the different
- Ensure that implementation meets budget requirements as set with Finance.
Your background and experience
- You will have led a team to build at least one high-rate production facility in the aerospace, automotive or medical industry which includes the development of SMT for high-rate boards or industrial functional printing for IoT devices.
- You will have deep knowledge, including greenfield design of automated assembly lines across a wide variety of processes including SMT or industrial functional circuit lines in the IoT domain.
- The facility you have designed will have produced products and you will be able to describe the manufacturing process for these products in detail from start to finish.
- You will have detailed knowledge of the supply chain across the technology industry.