We are a Data and Analytics company developing world-first technologies in data services, satellite processing, machine learning and actionable insights. The insights we provide allow customers in multiple industries to track long-term trends, monitor change, and take guided, strategic actions to better serve their customers and fulfill their missions.
At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Finance, HR, IT, and Project Management and we’re looking for an experienced IT System Administrator to join our crew!
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and support the IT infrastructure in a fast-growing tech company? Do you have strong technical knowledge in computer systems and an aptitude for finding solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to proactively contribute to the efficiency and maturity of the corporate IT infrastructure? If so, we want to hear from you.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT!
The Systems Administrator manages and maintains the corporate IT infrastructure (systems, network, endpoints) and is the main point of contact for supporting end users. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Troubleshooting issues and outages
- Leading helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved promptly with limited disruptions
- Onboarding and offboarding users
- Creating new procedures for newly identified resolutions
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors for support
- Recording and maintaining an accurate log of troubleshooting steps in the ticketing system
- Managing computer lifecycle (commissioning/decommissioning/inventory)
- Performing regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Setting up and ensuring smooth function of IT requirements during corporate events and meetings
- Participation in on-call rotation
YOUR PAST MISSIONS
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in computer science, network administration, system administration or related field
- 2-4 years experience in a IT helpdesk or support role
- 2-4 years experience doing system administration and/or network administration
- Relevant IT/infrastructure certifications, including but not limited to:
- AWS CCP
- Server +
- CCNA or Network+
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of virtualization (Hyper-V or VMWare)
- Strong understanding of Apple MacOS, Linux, and Windows Server
- Understanding of device management systems such as MDM, SCCM, Munki, Intune
- Understanding of network routing, VLANs, VPN, switching and wireless
- Strong understanding of Microsoft 365, JIRA/Confluence, and Okta.
- Strong command-line experience
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, in-office and remotely (as required)
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends for on-call emergencies and maintenance (as required)
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space in this hybrid in-office/work from home position. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
To make the most innovative products that serve our customers, we recognize the role that each of us plays in Diversity and Inclusion at EarthDaily. We draw from our diverse crew of exceptional team members and encourage and empower our team members to express themselves regardless of identity, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission in one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours