We are a Data and Analytics company developing world-first technologies in data services, satellite processing, machine learning and actionable insights. The insights we provide allow customers in multiple industries to track long-term trends, monitor change, and take guided, strategic actions to better serve their customers and fulfill their missions.
At EarthDaily Analytics (EDA), we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon-capture verification and more.
EDA’s signature Earth Observation mission, the EarthDaily Constellation (EC), is currently under construction. Once operational in mid-2024, the EC will be the most powerful global change detection and change monitoring system ever developed, capable of generating unprecedented predictive analytics and insights. The EarthDaily Constellation will combine with the EarthPipeline data processing system to provide unprecedented, scientific-grade data of the world every day, positioning EDA to meet the growing needs of diverse industries.
Our global, enterprise-wide team represents a variety of business lines and is made up of sales, marketing and support professionals, data scientists, software engineers, project managers and finance, HR, and IT professionals. Our EDA sales team is nimble and creative, and we are growing in preparation for launching a frontier and disruptive product in EC. We are currently looking for an experienced VP, Big Data Sales to join our crew!
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work for one of the most exciting space companies at the forefront of global change detection/change monitoring to develop a world-class data sales organization? The ideal candidate takes a target driven and customer oriented approach to to build a continuous sales pipeline and lead year-over-year capture of key assigned “Big Data” customer accounts.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT!
The VP, Big Data Sales will develop EDA’s global go-to-market strategy targeting year-on-year growth with the long-term strategic direction of the company. They will support a variety of sales activities including the development of: a world-class sales organization and process; pricing, licensing productization and packaging; and scaling and optimizing the sales organization as it grows.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inform the global sales and marketing plan to include global trends, competition, events, sales forecasts and 3-5-year plan
- Identify, cultivate, win and grow new business targeting Big Data Customers
- Represent the company’s technology and solutions, including value-added information products/applications and services to further establish key accounts
- Maximize the yield of existing accounts, identify emerging opportunities and monitor competitive activity to successfully secure key contracts
- Support the customer’s business operations requirements for data and services, evaluation of existing data quality and recommendation for improvement
- Responsible for strategic direction, order intake process and achieving revenue targets for assigned accounts
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to translate business requirements to deliver valuable data for customer
- Develop metrics to accurately demonstrate global progress towards actual order intake goals
- Coordinate global selling efforts, including bids and RFI/RFP responses
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of earth observation imagery and data offerings to customers
- Support the advancement of useable customer data working in partnership with engineering to develop best-in-class capabilities
- Assist in the productization of EarthDaily’s imagery data and services to develop an evolving SaaS/DaaS including: pricing, and further developing terms and services for End-User License Agreements; Scaleable product and service quoting tools and marketing materials
- Build-out sales capacity in accordance with the hiring plan; On-board, oversee and mentor sales team members, fostering a strong team ethos
- Assist and lead implementation of key sales process/productivity platforms including lead generation tools and CRM within the team for customer/reseller/partners
YOUR PAST MISSIONS
- University degree or equivalent in Technical Areas (Remote Sensing, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautic, Physics, Geology, Geography etc.)
- MBA or equivalent will be considered an asset
- 10+ years’ technical sales experience, with proven results in multiple customer facing roles
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in sales management roles
- Sales experience in earth observation within a Big Data environment, remote sensing, GIS technologies or similar
- Experience launching a go-to-market strategy in a high-growth tech company
- Strong technical, business and analytical acumen
- Target-driven with strong interpersonal skills and the aptitude to cope with the pressure of a target-driven environment
- Ability to lead, influence and negotiate at senior levels
- Customer-oriented with a willingness to learn
- Excellent decision-making and time management skills
- Advanced planning and management knowledge
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
We’d love to welcome you to the team for this opportunity. Ours is a fun, fast-paced and exciting work environment where we hold innovation, teamwork, honesty, and trust as our core values. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new boundaries.
This position has a requirement to travel frequently for sales/customer meetings, training, off-sites, strategic planning, and conferences/trade shows and event attendance.
To make the most innovative products that serve our customers, we recognize the role that each of us plays in Diversity and Inclusion at EarthDaily. We draw from our diverse crew of exceptional team members and encourage and empower our team members to express themselves regardless of identity, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission in one of Canada’s most innovative space companies developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Great work environment and team with a superb head office location in Vancouver, BCq1