We are a Data and Analytics company developing world-first technologies in data services, satellite processing, machine learning and actionable insights. The insights we provide allow customers in multiple industries to track long-term trends, monitor change, and take guided, strategic actions to better serve their customers and fulfill their missions.
At EarthDaily Analytics (EDA), we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon-capture verification and more.
EDA’s signature Earth Observation mission, the EarthDaily Constellation (EC), is currently under construction. Once operational in mid-2024, the EC will be the most powerful global change detection and change monitoring system ever developed, capable of generating unprecedented predictive analytics and insights. The EarthDaily Constellation will combine with the EarthPipeline data processing system to provide unprecedented, scientific-grade data of the world every day, positioning EDA to meet the growing needs of diverse industries.
Our global, enterprise-wide team represents a variety of business lines and is made up of sales, marketing and support professionals, data scientists, software engineers, project managers and finance, HR, and IT professionals. Our EDA sales team is nimble and creative, and we are growing in preparation for launching a frontier and disruptive product in EC. We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our crew!
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and be primarily responsible for outbound prospecting to generate interest and develop a strong pipeline of highly qualified leads for the EarthDaily Constellation and more? As a strategic planner and a creative thinker, the SDR will leverage all available tools and processes to spark meaningful discovery conversations with potential customers. The SDR will have a thorough understanding of the sales process along with EDA’s technology and value-based differentiators to be a first-class prospector, strategically targeting and helping to qualify leads and build opportunities with new accounts.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT!
The SDR will be the first in-line to generate new customer relationships, ultimately uncovering the customer’s unique set of business needs, technical requirements, and the stakeholders that they belong to, establishing the groundwork for EDA’s Account Executives to successfully close new business. You should be inquisitive, able to learn new concepts, ideas, terminology, and processes quickly, and use strong communication skills to successfully engage new accounts, convey ideas and value, ultimately converting leads into opportunities and helping to drive new customer revenue for EDA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create highly qualified leads and early-stage opportunities for your team’s pipeline
- Work with Account Executives to strategically build and action prospect lists and outbound initiatives per territory/vertical
- Research companies and market segments to determine fit for product/service
- Initiate contact with leads through a range of outbound activities such as phone calls, email campaigns, LinkedIn etc.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to generate call scripts, sequences, and other outbound prospecting initiatives
- Facilitate warm hand-off calls between qualified leads and Account Executives
- Follow-up with Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) and inbound requests including previously engaged customers that did not buy
- Develop new sales strategies based on personal successes and failures
- Document and record activities, such as meeting notes and call/email activity within the CRM
- Other duties as assigned
YOUR PAST MISSIONS
- University degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related field
- University degree or equivalent in technical areas (Remote Sensing, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautic, Physics, Geology, Geography etc.)
- Experience in a customer-facing role, selling a SaaS or a complex technical solution
- Experience in commercial Earth observation, geospatial or similarly technical market with a proven track record of regularly achieving and exceeding prospecting/sales targets
- Experience collaborating with internal and cross-functional teams
- Vertical specific expertise is an asset (agriculture, commodities, supply chain, forestry, natural resource management and government sales)
- Strong understanding of how to successfully prospect and qualify large enterprise and government accounts, generate new pipeline (including familiarity with methodologies such as BANT or MEDDPICC) and sales cycle management
- Exceptional English (and local language(s), if not English) written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great active-listening skills and excellent at asking open-ended questions
- Highly enthusiastic and skilled in negotiation and persuasion
- Strong work ethic and self-initiative using an honest and ethical approach
- Ability to think strategically and tactically with excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Proficiency with the use of a CRM
- Team player with humble, genuine, inquisitive, proactive, positive attitude including the ability to maintain professional composure in the face of rejection/criticism
- Comfortable with the pressure of a target-driven environment
- Able to work both autonomously and flexibly as part of a team remotely with in-office travel as required)
OUR SPACE (including travel)
We’d love to welcome you to the Sales team for this remote opportunity. Ours is a fun, fast-paced and exciting work environment where we hold innovation, teamwork, honesty, and trust as our core values. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new boundaries.
This position has a requirement to travel in general, less than 15% of the time for intercompany training, off-sites, strategic planning, and conferences/trade shows/event attendance.
To make the most innovative products that serve our customers, we recognize the role that each of us plays in Diversity and Inclusion at EarthDaily. We draw from our diverse crew of exceptional team members and encourage and empower our team members to express themselves regardless of identity, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission in one of Canada’s most innovative space companies developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Great work environment and team with a superb head office location in Vancouver, BC