Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative software systems that can automatically process and calibrate satellite images from space to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience with DevOps and cloud-based infrastructure? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply!
We’re a team dedicated to developing innovative Software Solutions for Space and we’re looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer (Full Stack) to make this happen.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
The Intermediate Software Engineer (Full Stack) will have overall responsibility for designing, developing, deploying and operating highly scalable and cost effective cloud native transactional data management systems in AWS powering EarthDaily’s Software Engineering team’s development, CICD and DevOps process as well as the development and operation of internal system/services and EarthDaily’s Ground Segment that supports our EO Sensors (present and future).
Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve EarthDaily’s transactional data management systems, services and software/infrastructure capabilities
Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members.
Monitor, triage and fix bugs in services with active stakeholders.
Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, and product roadmap planning.
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- +1 for Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering with proven track record of delivering API driven transactional based system for mission critical projects
- Experience developing and debugging complex distributed software
- Experience working within an Agile software development framework and SCRUM processes
- Experience in database and API design and implementation
- Experience in full stack development
- AWS certification
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous development (CICD)
- Experience with developing software within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in Earth Observation domain (e.g., image processing)
- Experience in designing and implementing applications with geospatial capabilities
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Experience in developing large scale operational environments
- Experience in user interface design and development
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent knowledge in at least one high level programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Excellent knowledge in API development
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Working knowledge of AWS or other cloud services
- Working knowledge in CICD, Configuration Management, Scalable and Cost Effective Cloud
- Infrastructure Architecture concepts
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Working knowledge of Docker, ECS/EKS, lambda and microservice, serverless design paradigm
- Working knowledge of geospatial concepts (including geospatial enabled databases)
- Working knowledge of user interface development
- Working knowledge of software systems architecture and patterns
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours