Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative software systems that can automatically process and calibrate satellite images from space to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience solving challenging algorithmic, mathematical or optimization problems? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply!
We’re a team dedicated to developing innovative Software Solutions for Space and we’re looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer (Mathematical Modelling) who thrives on mathematical modelling and problem solving to help make this possible.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
As an Intermediate Software Engineer (Mathematical Modelling), you will have overall responsibility for the design and development of key parts of EarthDaily Analytics’ Ground Segment that supports Earth Observation satellite sensors (present, future and 3rd party), Value-Added Products and internal system/services. Key activities include:
Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve Ground Segment systems, services, infrastructure and software capabilities
Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members.
Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, and product roadmap planning.
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- +1 for Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering with proven track record of delivering
- complex or algorithmically sophisticated functionality for mission critical projects
- Experience developing and debugging complex systems with interfaces and requirements
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- +1 for experience in optical or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) remote sensing
- +1 for experience with developing software within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- +1 for experience with continuous integration / continuous development (CICD)
- +1 for experience with Agile software development and SCRUM processes
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent skills in at least one programming language (e.g Python, C++)
- Good object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent physics/mathematics knowledge and skills
- Excellent algorithmic and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent Python development skills
- Good C++ or equivalent development skills
- Good knowledge of software systems architecture and patterns
- Good knowledge in using Numpy, Scipy, OpenCV, Matplotlib, GDAL, etc. scientific stack
- Good knowledge of AWS or other cloud services
- Good knowledge of machine learning
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours