Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative software systems that can automatically process and calibrate satellite images from space to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience solving challenging algorithmic, mathematical or optimization problems? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply!
We’re a team dedicated to developing innovative software solutions for space and we’re looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer (Remote Sensing) who thrives on developing remote sensing applications to help make this possible.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
As an Intermediate Software Engineer (Remote Sensing), you will be developing innovative applications using Earth Observation that can help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. You will be a member of the Engineering team with high impact activities on the future of our organization:
- Design new and innovative algorithmic applications to extract meaningful insights from Earth observation imagery
- Prototype solutions to complex remote sensing challenges
- Help bring remote sensing application prototypes to life in real-world operational systems
- Participate in technology reviews and collaborate with other remote sensing experts
- Ensure technical documentation for inventions and solutions are created and maintained
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Geography, GIS or equivalent
- +1 for higher level degrees
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing custom remote sensing solutions with a proven track record of delivering complex or algorithmically sophisticated results
- +1 Experience with developing software within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- +1 for developing applications from production systems
- Equivalent combination of education and experience works too (we appreciate your diversity!)
- Experience with Agile development and SCRUM processes is a plus
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent algorithmic and analytical skills
- +1 for physics, math or machine learning knowledge
- Excellent remote sensing skills
- +1 for good knowledge for land cover product generation, and estimates for Leaf Area Index (LAI) and Above Ground Biomass (AGB)
- Excellent knowledge of using medium resolution optical satellite data (e.g., Sentinel-2 or Landsat-7/8)
- Good skills in at least one programming language (e.g Python, C++)
- +1 for good knowledge of the Python scientific stack: Numpy, Scipy, OpenCV, Matplotlib, GDAL, etc
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster mitigation, environmental monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours