Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Product Management Specialist role is to be the internal and external evangelist for the Geosys solution to support the expansion of the solution. This role requires an in depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and customer needs.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product development and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers. Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works. Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
Education, Knowledge and Abilities
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 4years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research) Proficient in productivity applications suchas Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Comfortable using collaboration tools and CRM. .Familiar with marketing automation tools.
Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter,Youtubeand Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!•Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- You are curious and creative, collaborative, and adaptable? Join us!