Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of software engineers with backgrounds in Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Studies, Mathematics, Cloud Infrastructure, Industrial Design, and Aerospace Engineering among others. Our diversity is core to our success in building the most innovative technologies on (and off!) the planet. Our team of experts have developed the world’s first colour HD video from space, developed the processing pipelines for some of the most well-known commercial satellites, and have built the world’s first automated Satellite Processing service which is being applied partner satellites and our upcoming constellation.
Our Software Engineers embrace a DevOps culture, work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are leading the next revolution in satellite-based Earth Observation remote sensing through problem solving, growth and ownership.
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative software systems that can automatically process and calibrate satellite images from space to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience solving challenging algorithmic, mathematical or optimization problems? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply!
We’re a cross-functional agile team dedicated to developing innovative software solutions for space. We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) who thrives on developing big data analysis pipelines, product-focused modelling and visualization solutions, leveraging the latest in cloud computing to produce the highest quality Earth Observation data to help bring our vision to life.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
- As a Senior Software Engineer (Backend), you will be responsible for owning and developing innovative methods for generating the highest quality Earth
- Observation data urgently needed to help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. You will be a member of the Engineering team with high impact activities on the future of our organization:
- Designing and deploying new and innovative algorithmic approaches to operational-scale big data (petabyte scale) analysis, modelling and visualization
- Prototyping and bringing to life your solutions to complex real-world product quality challenges
- Participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives
- Ensuring technical documentation and systems are created, maintained and operational
- Gaining exposure to space technology, Earth Observation product roadmap development and collaboration with other experts across the company and industry
- Growing your skillsets and sharing your experiences with the team
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Geography, GIS or equivalent
- +1 for higher level degrees
- Equivalent combination of education and experience works too (we appreciate your diversity!)
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in operationalizing cloud-based (AWS, Azure, GCP) software solutions with a proven track record of delivering complex or algorithmically sophisticated functionality
- +1 Experience developing and productionalizing applications for operational systems
- +1 Experience using and developing APIs-driven architectures
- +1 Experience working with remote sensing systems and/or data
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, CICD and roadmap planning processes
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent algorithmic, analytic, problem solving, debugging and code reviewing skills
- +1 for physics and/or math knowledge
- Good object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Good skills and knowledge of best practices in at least one programming language (e.g Python, C++)
- +1 for good knowledge of the Python scientific stack: Numpy, Scipy, OpenCV, Matplotlib, GDAL, etc
- +1 for JupyterLab or JupyterNotebook
- +1 for good skills and experience with database technologies and data lifecycle methodologies
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster mitigation, environmental monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours