Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of software engineers with backgrounds in Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Studies, Mathematics, Cloud Infrastructure, Industrial Design, and Aerospace Engineering among others. Our diversity is core to our success in building the most innovative technologies on (and off!) the planet. Our team of experts have developed the world’s first colour HD video from space, developed the processing pipelines for some of the most well-known commercial satellites, and have built the world’s first automated Satellite Processing service which is being applied partner satellites and our upcoming constellation.
Our Software Engineers embrace a DevOps culture, work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are leading the next revolution in satellite-based Earth Observation remote sensing through problem solving, growth and ownership.
READY TO LAUNCH? (AKA Role)
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative foundational infrastructural systems (cloud infrastructure, CICD pipeline, infrastructure analytics and all other capabilities to ensure a smooth running system) to power our engineering team and our image processing and calibration capability to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience building fully automated CICD pipelines for cloud native systems? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply! We are a team dedicated to developing innovative cloud native software solutions for Space and we are looking for a Software Engineer (Infrastructure Automation and Analytics) who thrives providing cost effective and reliable cloud infrastructure and CICD pipelines to help make this possible.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (AKA Responsibilities)
As a Software Engineer (Infrastructure Automation and Analytics) you will have the responsibility for designing, developing, deploying and operating cloud based infrastructural components in AWS powering EarthDaily’s Software Engineering team’s development and CICD needs while applying DevOps best practices. This role will also develop and operate internal system/services that supports the EarthDaily Ground Segment and gather infrastructural analytics for present and future EO sensors.
- Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve our cloud based infrastructural systems, services, software and analytics capabilities
- Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve our CICD pipeline and development tooling
- Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members. Monitor, triage and fix bugs in services with active stakeholders.
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, and product roadmap planning.
- Define, communicate, educate and empower other software engineers on the best practices and guidelines on interfacing with the operational cloud based infrastructural systems
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (AKA Experience)
- Bachelor degree in SW Engineering, CSc., EE or equivalent
- +1 for Masters or higher degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in a DevOps or Software Engineering role with proven track record of delivering robust infrastructural and CICD solutions for mission critical projects and influencing a solid DevOps culture
- +1 for experience in Earth Observation domain
- 2+ years of experience developing, evolving, maintaining and operating distributed software systems/services deployed within AWS or equivalent cloud provider
- +1 for AWS certifications
- Experience practicing DevOps and developing CICD pipelines
- +1 for experience in DevSecOps
- Experience in integrating multiple software systems into a fully functional and reliable end to end system
- Experience working within an Agile software development framework and SCRUM processes
YOUR TOOLKIT (AKA Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent knowledge of AWS, Linux, Git, Infrastructure as Code, Chef,
- +1 for working development and operational security knowledge
- Excellent skills in at least one high level programming language (e.g Python, Go, Java, C++, etc)
- Excellent knowledge in the following AWS (or equivalent) service categories – Storage, Compute, Database, Networking, IAM, Containers
- +1 for working knowledge in advanced AWS services such as Application Integration, Developer
- Tools, Security Management & Governance, Machine Learning, Analytics
- Working knowledge in CICD, Configuration Management, Scalable and Cost Effective Cloud Infrastructural Architected Concepts
- +1 for working knowledge of container cluster and serverless infrastructure paradigms
- +1 for working knowledge of software system architecture and patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours