Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
We’re growing a multidisciplinary team of engineers to build out our Space and Ground Segments for the launch the EarthDaily Constellation. Our diversity is core to our success in building the most innovative technologies on (and off!) the planet. Our team of experts have developed the world’s first colour HD video from space, developed the processing pipelines for some of the most well-known commercial satellites, and have built the world’s first automated Satellite Processing service which is being applied by partner satellites and our upcoming constellation.
At EarthDaily Analytics we work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative environment and are leading the next revolution in satellite-based Earth Observation remote sensing through problem solving, growth and ownership.
READY TO LAUNCH? (aka Role)
Do you want to work in the space industry and support the EarthDaily Constellation space and ground systems development effort? We’re looking for a Spacecraft Electrical Engineer and we want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply!
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
As an Electrical Engineer you will support the EarthDaily Constellation space segment. Key responsibilities include:
- Technical support for and review of all electrical engineering aspects of design, development and test work by multiple Earth Observation payload hardware providers
- Management of all electrical engineering associated interfaces with the spacecraft bus
- Input to and review of parts and board-level design and qualification to ensure fit for use in the space environment (radiation effects, thermal and thermal fatigue, parts derating, electrostatic discharge, EMI/EMC)
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (+1 for higher level degrees)
- 7+ years of professional experience in electrical engineering associated with space system development
- +1 for past experience specific to Earth Observation remote sensing work
- Experience in the following:Designing and developing electrical hardware for space systems
- Managing complex technical electrical and data interfaces between major subcontractors
- Space systems integration and testing
- Review and development of electrical/electronic components and assemblies including the selection of EEE/Space approved components
- Shadow engineering and technical management of suppliers
- Synthesis and analysis of boards and circuits by means of dedicated software, including simulation at circuit and layout level
- Developing firmware or software for electrical/electronic assemblies
- Supporting software or firmware development done by suppliers
- EMI/EMC mitigation and testing
- +1 for experience with optical payload systems
- +1 for experience technically managing major satellite hardware manufacturers
- +1 for experience planning and conducting development trials, qualification and acceptance tests
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly of electrical assemblies
- Knowledge of data transfer standards, protocols, and associated physical interface implementations
- Familiarity with, and application of, space industry PA/QA standards and guidelines
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced cooperative development environment with multiple stakeholders
- Interest and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles
- Able to support flexible hours and some significant travel
- Excellent communication skills
- +1 for experience in RF link budget development (especially X-band)
- +1 for experience in RF licensing for space systems
We’d love to welcome you to our world of space at EarthDaily Analytics. Just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries. Our space systems for the EarthDaily Constellation will use innovative technologies to generate scientific quality data that can be processed by our world leading cloud-based ground segment service. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team-work, and trust as our core values.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Focus on employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architectures
- When you join, you get to go on a “Spacewalk” – dedicated focus on our technologies, processes and vision
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in all of Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours