Satellite Imaging. Geoanalytics. Insights.
At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of software engineers with backgrounds in Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Studies, Mathematics, Cloud Infrastructure, Industrial Design, and Aerospace Engineering among others. Our diversity is core to our success in building the most innovative technologies on (and off!) the planet. Our team of experts have developed the world’s first colour HD video from space, developed the processing pipelines for some of the most well-known commercial satellites, and have built the world’s first automated Satellite Processing service which is being applied partner satellites and our upcoming constellation.
Our Software Engineers embrace a DevOps culture, work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are leading the next revolution in satellite-based Earth Observation remote sensing through problem solving, growth and ownership.
READY TO LAUNCH? (aka Role)
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative foundational infrastructural systems (cloud infrastructure, CICD pipeline and all other capabilities to ensure a smooth running system) to power our engineering team and our image processing and calibration capability to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience building fully automated CICD pipelines for cloud native systems? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply! We are a team dedicated to developing innovative cloud native software solutions for Space and we are looking for a Technical Manager (DevOps) who thrives providing cost effective and reliable cloud infrastructure and CICD pipelines to help make this possible.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
As a Technical Manager (DevOps) you will have overall technical and managerial responsibility to lead a team of talented engineers and successfully deliver foundational cloud infrastructure that powers our Software Development / CICD environment and EarthDaily Analytics Ground Segment that supports Earth Observation satellite sensors (present, future and 3rd party). You will be involved with the following high impact activities:
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of Software and DevOps Engineers to successfully deliver against business goals
- Owns the team’s product (infrastructure, system and documentation) and is the technical authority for the team’s design and development choices
- Define, practice, advocate, educate and empower DevOps practice/culture for other teams within the department
- Define, evaluate, prototype, design, architect, implement, test and validate new/existing cloud infrastructure and CICD capabilities
- Conduct quarterly product roadmap planning and sprint planning and lead the execution of the plan
- Mentor and train fellow software / devops engineers on DevOps practice and infrastructural development
- Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design review, code review and feature verification with other team members.
- Support technology and business development discussion to advise on and influence the long-term Product Roadmap
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- +1 for higher level degrees
- 10+ years of overall professional experience in a Software Engineering / DevOps role with a proven track record of delivering robust infrastructural and CICD Solution for mission critical projects and influencing DevOps culture
- +1 for Earth Observation system experience
- 5+ years of experience developing, evolving, maintaining and operating distributed software systems within AWS or equivalent cloud provider
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing a moderate to large agile engineering team (4+ people)
- +1 for SCRUM experience
- Experience practicing and evangelizing DevOps culture
- +1 for DevSecOps experience
- Experience developing and debugging complex systems with formal interfaces and requirements
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent skills in at least one modern programming language (e.g., python, c++, java, go, etc)
- Excellent knowledge on cost-effective, scalable, reliable and secured cloud architectural concepts
- +1 for AWS specific knowledge
- Excellent knowledge in CICD, configuration management, automated tests
- +1 for security within CICD
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours