If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Project Leader- Aerospace in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Delivery of project scope and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost, resource and quality commitments.
- Plans, estimates, creation of baseline budgets and risk management. Helps identify and document program constraints and assumptions. Identifies milestones and applies project management methodology, including development of a deliverables based WBS. Analyzes program data and looks for trends.
- Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., product groups & center of excellences) and facilitates the agile PROLaunch phase gate process.
- Work closely with Global program management teams and Engineering teams to ensure timely deliverables on project related deliverables.
- Leads the creation of the integrated project plans & schedules, project budget in partnership with the team and organization. Manage, forecast, collect cost and report on project budget / schedule to meet the SOW requirements. Ensures product cost according to target.
- Ensure controls are in place to support Baseline Change Management and to meet program commitments
- Ensures adherence to Gate Reviews. Ensures Best Practices & Lessons Learned are captured and properly disseminated.
- Tracks program performance and Provides periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Plays key role in developing and executing overall program plan
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years of product development experience, preferably in Aerospace industry with product life cycle experience of Aerospace products or related experience
- Ability to generate project schedules using Microsoft Projects, maintaining and progressing schedules and extracting the necessary data from performance reporting, preliminary knowledge of Portfolio, Program & PM methodologies, training in PMI methodology and eventual certification in CAPM/PMP is a plus, Analytical Thinking, Aerospace Products
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time