If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Aerospace based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) – Aeropace FMC Hydraulics Business has ‘Senior Engineer’ open position. In this position, the incumbent is responsible for successful execution of Hydraulics System development and engineering projects while driving continuous improvement to fulfil project KPIs and meet Customer satisfaction.
- He/She should have experience in New System Development (NPD) programs preferably in Aerospace industry with knowledge of life cycle of ‘Aerospace Hydraulics System’ development including System engineering processes.
- He/She should have proficiency in handling customer requirements, concept selection, Hydro-Mechanical mutiphysics, risk management, system design validation to enable decision making while executing system engineering work. DFSS GB certification is necessary.
- He/She should have proficiency in preparing and managing schedule, NRE; good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with an ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and global stakeholders.
- Drives and executes New HYD System Development through Eaton PROLaunch / PreLaunch, System Engineering processes
- Concludes System Architecture ideas and demonstrate feasibility through relevant engineering calculations/predictions.
- Handles CAD & Analytical Tools (CATIA, Matlab/Simulink, MathCAD, CfX) easily
- Applies robust design methodologies for decision making
- Handles RFP/RFQ process by providing engineering inputs to customer enquiries, creating solutions and estimating materials, testing costs and Engineering NRE
- Provides visible technical leadership to guide, coach and develop high performing project team/members.
- Uses technical tools and methods and is recognized/sought out for technical expertise – as well as proficiency in advanced problem-solving techniques. (Ex.: Teach “How” to use the core tools, endorsing best practices.)
- Communicates effectively globally and at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates leadership in a professional society and/or published technical works through professional or trade media.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication & manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Graduate/ Post Graduate bachelor’s in engineering (Hydro-Mechanical Domain)
- Master’s degree – 3 to 4 years or Bachelor’s degree – 6 to 7 years experience, Min 3 years of System Engineering for Hydraulics System design, development and validation
- Project Engineering, processes and tools, DFSS, Analytical Thinking,Electro-Hydro-Mechanical simulations, Aerospace Products
- Drive for Results, Analysis-First Mindset, Organizational Savvy, Strong Communications and Influencing skills.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time