We make what matters work. Power is a fundamental part of our world. And it's our job to help make sure it works.
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Cybersecurity (Hardware) based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will be part of a global team of security experts driving ‘Security by Design’ philosophy in Eaton product, solutions & services. Responsible for driving security initiatives in Eaton products / solutions.
- Responsible for defining, architecting, validating cybersecurity requirements & conducting Pentesting for a wide variety of Eaton products and systems.
- Lead medium to complex projects, tasks, and assignments with minimal to strong management direction, depending on project requirements. Function as an internal cybersecurity consultant to various divisions across Eaton.
- Develop and execute initiatives designed to increase the domain expertise and solution efficiency of cybersecurity to the engineering group as a whole.
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will be part of a global team of Cybersecurity experts driving ‘Security by Design’ philosophy in Eaton product and solutions.
- Performing Hardware level Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing on existing and upcoming Eaton products, solutions & services spanning a wide range of Cyber-physical systems & technologies including Automotive ECUs, IoT devices, Embedded systems, wireless devices, embedded systems deployed across a wide variety of the sectors of the industry such as electrical systems, eMobility, vehicle, hydraulics, and aerospace etc. might include Pentesting web-based applications, mobile applications & PC Applications as well.
- Driving Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment exercise with product teams early in the design and development phase to identify applicable cybersecurity requirements & recomending appropriate Hardware platforms to support these requirements.
- Monitoring the emerging threat landscape, cybersecurity technologies, Industry standards, frameworks, regulations, best practices that might have Hardware Security implications & drive the adoption of such standards into Eaton Baseline Cybersecurity requirements and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Act as an internal cybersecurity consultant to various divisions across an organization. Providing hands-on guidance to product teams as they implement complex cybersecurity features and requirements in their products.
- Building tools and automation frameworks around security to achieve Eaton-scale impact.
- Evangelizing and providing technical security trainings to the Cybersecurity professionals at Eaton, software developers and test engineers across the organization and evangelizing the importance of Hardware cybersecurity.
- Support Cybersecurity Project management & OpEX processes to help drive efficiencies, optimizations & continuous improvements in CCoE’s various processes & engagements.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Product cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Embedded Systems / Hardware Product cybersecurity.
- Good understanding of Secure Product Development Lifecycle as it relates to Embedded, IoT, IIoT systems development.
- Hands on experience in Vulnerability assessment and Penetration testing of embedded, IoT & networked products with demonstrated expertise in uncovering vulnerabilities at the Hardware layer utilizing a variety of HW Security tools, techniques & methodologies.
- Experience of executing various cyber security attacks at the HW layer – JTAG based attacks, FW extraction from various debug interfaces, side-channel attacks fault and micro-architectural attacks.
- Experience in evaluating and selecting hardware chipsets that fulfill technical requirements to mitigate cybersecurity threats, including extraction of firmware, utilizing debugging operations to reverse engineer malicious firmware injection, evaluating the security of cryptographic operations or key pro in various hardware level isolated environments, such as TPM, HSM, Trusted Execution Environment (TEE)
- Understanding of Device identity and integrity controls – Secure key generation, Secure storage of Key material, Secure boot, codesigning, OTA/FOTA Software Update, device life-cycle management (enrollment, provisioning, activation, suspend, revoke, re-provision/terminate)
- Experience in the design & development of Embedded systems, its communication protocols – JTAG, UART, SPI, I2C etc. is preferable.
- Knowledge of designing of Physically Uncloneable functions (PUFs), design and protection against Hardware Trojans would be beneficial
- Knowledge of firmware reverse engineering would be beneficial.
- Ability to work in and with diverse & multi-cultural and geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated multi-faceted learning agility across both Technical & soft-skill / professional dimensions.
- Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams (Legal, IT, product engineering, product management, & project management)
- Ability to present to various levels of engineering and business leadership globally.
- Be a technical mentor to other members of the team and beyond.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only