The Egyptian Space Agency is an Egyptian public economic authority established in August 2019, with a legal personality and affiliated with the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
EGSA is looking for a capable System Security Engineer, who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in cyber security.
EGSA Data Networks should be more secure by protecting Network boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
Qualified candidates should have a background in Cyber Security.
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the Agency knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Provides vital protection and maintenance services for system hardware and software, including enterprise computing systems, networks, transaction processing systems, and corporate IT infrastructure.
- Implements and monitors physical and electronic security hardware, software, and procedures.
- Installs and supports operating systems, telecommunications software, and centralized database management systems.
- Work as member of the IT staff group provide the technical support for EGSA Data Center, which includes six main functions: application development, systems support and security, user support, database administration, network administration, and Web support.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communication engineering, or related subject.
- CCNA Certified is a must, CCNP Security is an advantage
- Security certification for Cyber security, or ethical hacking, or SANs are preferable.
- Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer.
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Mail, Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Responsible for Network LAN/WAN/WLAN and internet infrastructure patching and upgrades Firewall, IDS, and IPS administration, configuration and troubleshooting Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- At least 3 year hands on experience in cyber security.