The Egyptian Space Agency is an Egyptian public economic authority established in August 2019, with a legal personality and affiliated with the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
EGSA is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for operating, maintaining, and administering EGSA’s Data networks.
Primary duties will include:
- Operating data networks, including installation, configuration, and monitoring,
- Troubleshooting network problems and perform configuration backup operations.
- Working closely with the users of EGSA network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
- Successful candidate will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network architecture.
- Able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including UTMs, WiFi, firewalls, routers, switches, and intrusion detection/intrusion prevention.
- Implementation of URL and Contents filtration capabilities inside the security tools.
- Maintaining and administering Data networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Enhancing DATA center security utilizing built-in security capabilities in Access points, switches and routers (SSID security, VLANs, Port Security, VPN, Encryption,…etc)
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Work as member of the IT staff group provide the technical support for EGSA Data Center, which includes six main functions: application development, systems support and security, user support, database administration, network administration, and Web support.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communication engineering, or related subject.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- CCNA (certified) , CCNP is an advantage
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administers, and troubleshoots network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, UTMs, routers, switches, and security controllers.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside EGSA.
- Very good communication skills both written and verbal in both Arabic and English.
- Responsible for Network LAN/WAN/WLAN and internet infrastructure patching and upgrades
- At least 3 year experience in managing LAN and WAN