The Egyptian Space Agency is an Egyptian public economic authority established in August 2019, with a legal personality and affiliated with the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
EGSA is looking for a competent System Engineer who can demonstrate superb technical competency in delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
Qualified systems engineer will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, Windows/Linux server products, and Virtualization platforms.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain servers, storage, and associated hardware and software to provide services to EGSA Staff.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problems resolution.
- Work as member of the IT staff group provide the technical support for EGSA Data Center, which includes six main functions: application development, systems support and security, user support, database administration, network administration, and Web support.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Communication engineering, or related subject.
- MCSE certified , Deep knowledge in VMware vSphere ( VSA Certified)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows based server environments and services (i.e. Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS).
- Extensive experience in virtualization and Linux OS concepts.
- Ability to generate and adapt equipment and technology to serve user requirements.
- Operate in an environment that requires confidentiality of information.
- Very good communication skills with the ability to communicate the complex technical matters, both verbally and in writing, in both Arabic and English.
- At least 3 year hands on experience in Systems engineering.