Are you ready to take your career in GNSS to the next level? If so, Deimos Space are looking for an experienced engineer to lead the development and validation activities in our GNSS business unit in Tres Cantos, Madrid.
The GNSS team is transnational, with historical competence centres in Spain, Portugal and UK. Our projects range, from high precision positioning algorithms for satellite and launch systems to hardware and embedded software development.
As a company, we believe in delivering great engineering products and services, transnational collaboration and continuous improvement. For a technical leader with a strong background in GNSS, this is an opportunity to make a real difference.
- Deliver end-to-end GNSS projects to customer specification, on time, on budget
- Monitor & report project deliverables, timelines and spend
- Recruit, coach and support a high performing GNSS team
- Identify and support commercial opportunities, coordinating with wider GNSS business unit & cross-business units as necessary
- Lead preparation of technical and management proposals
- Work effectively with clients, developing strong commercial relationships based on a track record of delivery against agreed objectives
- MSc or PhD degree (Engineering, Aeronautic, Aerospace, Telecommunications or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with evidence of continuing professional development.
- A recognised technical expert, the role holder is likely to have 3+ years of experience in Space projects, ideally within the GNSS sector.
- Extensive experience delivering space projects from initial proposal through to final delivery
- Ability to translate customer specifications to detailed project team work plan
- Excellent project management skills and experience of managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working in a customer facing environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience of writing formal technical documentation
- Expert knowledge of GNSS receivers, at measurement and navigation level
- Familiarity with FPGA platforms and Embedded system
- Experience on AIV activities
- Knowledge of ECSS standards
- Fluent in English written and spoken
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and synthetize complex information
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task, identify priority actions and handle a high workload
- Comfortable with change and able to react to new priorities