Senior Software Engineer for Space Data Systems
DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate Data Systems division. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
We are looking for motivated engineers that want to continue developing their professional careers in a challenging domain such the aerospace sector. The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Payload Data Ground Segment team in charge of developing and evolve products that compose the payload data ground segment for satellite missions such as Monitoring facilities, Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures, Calibration and Validation, among others. Successful candidate will be integrated in major European projects, having the opportunity to work in different Thematic areas for Data Exploitation Platforms.
The selected candidate will have the responsibilities as Product Owner:
- Analysis of the Application Requirements.
- The design of software modules as parts of Ground Segment and Exploitation platform applications.
- Development of software modules using continuous integration.
- System validation and generation of test data.
- Support to the Operations in a DevOps approach as responsible for the development.
- Management of the development tasks in a tool, such as JIRA.
- Documentation of the Ground Segment and Exploitation platform applications (Design, User Manuals, …) as well as contributions to the System level documents.
- An university degree in computer science, engineering or similar.
Candidates are expected to have at least 4 years of experience developing end-to-end software systems following Agile, Incremental or Waterfall lifecycles.
It will be valuable experience developing software systems with (some of) the following disciplines:
- Calibration and Processing Infrastructures
- Satellite data processing tools
- Operational System integration and deployment in Containerized and Virtualized Environments
- System Verification and Validation of SW systems
The candidate shall have a background and experience covering the following areas:
- System analysis and design using UML or other modelling languages
- Java/C++/Python programming languages
- Distributed System architectures
- Relational databases, (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and no-SQL databases (mongo, elastic search)
- Development in Linux environments
- Deployment techniques using containers and virtualization
- Versioning control tools such as GIT
The following skills are highly appreciated:
- Experience in data processing systems, such as Processing chains, Archives and Catalogues
- Knowledge of GIS and image processing libraries and techniques
- Knowledge about Calibration of Satellite instruments, in particular Optical and SAR
- Knowledge of standards of Open geospatial consortium
- Machine Learning.
- Fluent English, spoken and written (B2 or higher)
- Excellent communication, and team working skills;
- Must be highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic;
- Must be willing to take ownership of issues and drive them to a successful resolution;
- Must be able to work independently and deliver high quality work.
- A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.