DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate Data Systems division, in Madrid. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Payload Data Ground Segment team in charge of developing and evolve products that compose the exploitation platform and payload data ground segment for satellite missions such as Archives, Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures, Calibration and Validation, among others.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Learn in detail the particular needs of Earth Observation data systems developments and the required standards
- Participate in the design, development and testing of product elements composing the DEIMOS Earth
- Observation Ground Segment that are used in several satellite missions
- Junior developer of projects using Deimos’s Ground Segment Products
- Participate in the product and team meetings
- Report to the supervisor, using management tools (i.e. JIRA).
- Contribute to the project documentation
- Participate in the product or team meetings
- Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Candidates are expected to have 1 year of experience developing end-to-end software systems following Agile, Incremental or Waterfall lifecycles.
The candidate should have experience developing software systems with some of the following disciplines:
- Requirements Analysis
- System analysis and design using UML or other modelling languages;
- System/subsystem implementation using Object Oriented programming languages;
- System integration and deployment in Virtualized, Distributed and Scalable Environments;
- Container environments as Kubernetes, Rancher, …;
- Verification and Validation
- Good programming skills with Object Oriented design (i.e. C++, python, Java, …)
- Experience using Linux as the OS development environment
- Experience using versioning control tools such GIT, CI and CD
- Experience in development of web application with experience developing backend and front-end solutions
- Experience in design, integration and deploy of scalable architectures based on microservices.
- Experience in cloud technologies (Simple Storage System, Instance Creation, Networking, etc.)
- Experience in No-SQL database (i.e. Elastic Search)
- English B2 (very good level, writing, reading and speaking)
- Good communication skills (English)
- Capability of team working
- Interested in the aerospace sector