DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate Data Systems division, in Madrid. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing,innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Data System team in charge of developing and customize products that compose the exploitation platform and payload data ground segment for satellite missions such as Archives, Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures, among others.
The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Learn in detail the particular needs of Earth Observation data systems developments and the required standards
Participate in the development, tailoring and releases of projects implemented over the Deimos’s Ground Segment Products.
Participate in the product and team meetings
Report to the supervisor, using management tools (i.e. JIRA).
Contribute to the project documentation
Participate in the product or team meetings
- Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Candidates are expected to have 1 year of experience developing end-to-end software systems following Agile, Incremental or Waterfall lifecycles.
The candidate must have experience:
- Using Linux as main OS development environment
- Using versioning control tools such as GIT and continuous integration tools.
- Developing backend web services and front-end solutions
- Developing using programming languages such as python, Java, … with Object Oriented paradigm
SW Releases with Docker containers
Additionally, any candidate with the following desirable experience in related disciples will be highly considered:
- Usage of virtualized, distributed, scalable and cloud architectures
- Big data technologies such as Distributed Storage SW (i.e. GlusterFS or minIO), NoSQL database (i.e. ElasticSearch)
- Container technologies such Docker-Swarm/Kubernetes
- Cloud Platforms such as AWS
- Technical Requirements:
- Programing skills with Object Oriented design (i.e. C++, python, Java, …)
- Knowledge of Linux as the OS development environment
- Knowledge of versioning control tools such GIT and continuous integration
- Knowledge of cloud platform concepts such as the main elements that compose the IaaS and PaaS
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Helm technologies
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and continuous integration environments (i.e.vagrant, ansible)
- Payload Data Ground Segment design principles
- OGC standards such as CSW, WPS, WMS, …
- Earth Observation Exploitation Platform design principles
- English B2 (very good level, writing, reading and speaking)
- Good communication skills (English)
- Capability of team working
- Interested in the aerospace sector
- A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.