DEIMOS is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive candidate to carry out Project Management and Project Control activities in the Data Processing Division. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and innovative business in the space industry.
We are looking for motivated senior managers with interest in a challenging domain such the aerospace sector. The selected candidate will join our Ground Segment team in charge of managing a portfolio of national and international projects for research, technology development and operational systems in the Earth Observation domain.
He/she will be tasked with managing major European projects, covering management activities for customer interaction, liaising with national and international partners and consortia and ensuring the compliance with assignable workplans.
The selected candidate will have the following main responsibilities:
- Perform project management activities and liaise with the Division’s technical teams
- Engage with external partners and other stakeholders for the management activities of the Division’s projects
- Support the front-line communication with funding authorities on the compliance with contracts
- Control and monitor the development of the Division’s projects
- Provide support to proposal drafting and application procedures
- Documentation consolidation in the scope of projects’ deliverables and dissemination of results
- Ensure the promotion of projects’ activities to adequate audiences and stakeholders
- Support the overall tracking, management and execution of the Division’s portfolio of projects, namely with a view to efficiency control and identification and exploitation of synergies
- Support other general project management activities.
The selected candidate will follow an agile development methodology and apply the mechanisms, tools and procedures of Deimos for project management, promotion of services and business development, in accordance to the quality criteria of the company.
Through his/her integration in Deimos’ team, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain the company’s team work skills, as well as to develop the proactivity to propose new solutions. He/she will also complement his/her technical qualifications with the access to software agile methodologies and its applications, and acquire experience in a cutting-edge technology field such as the aerospace engineering area and related markets.
University degree in aerospace engineering or another related field.
- The ideal candidate will have academic and/or professional experience with project management, including international projects, and related tools. He/she will have some experience in managing partners and coordinating their contributions into projects in the applicable domains, as well as in financial control and in reporting to funding authorities and company stakeholders.
- He/she will have a good notion of multi-project planning and control using EVM methodology or similar.
- Project Management certifications shall be considered an asset.
- Technical skills in project management and related tools will be an asset;
- Good experience in, and ability to data analysis will be highly valued;
- Good knowledge of advanced Excel usage will be highly valued;
- Familiarity of general programming languages will be valued.
Fluent English, verbal and written (C1 or higher). Portuguese/Spanish proficient skills are valued.
We’re looking for someone who:
- is a good problem-solver
- is an excellent communicator and team-worker
- has very good leadership and organisational skills
- has excellent interpersonal skills
- has a business-oriented mindset
- is highly proactive, self-motivated and dynamic
- is easily adaptable, autonomous and interested for investigating and proposing new solutions
- is familiar with inter-cultural environments
- is able to work independently and deliver high quality work, and
- has very good writing skills.
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.