DEIMOS Space is looking for enthusiastic and proactive candidates to integrate within our EO Apps division, in Spain. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
We are looking for experienced engineers that want to boost their professional career in a challenging domain such the Remote Sensing Value Added applications.
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Ground Segment team in charge of EO applications for the exploitation of Remote Sensing data by different communities.
Successful candidate will be integrated in major European projects, having the opportunity to work in different domains and help DEIMOS expand to new markets.
- Interact with end customers and drive technical requirements for operational Value Added Services into the EO Apps Division.
- Ability to review and drive development and validation of applications in Land and Marine domains.
- Periodically report the technical status of activities to the Division Head and contribute in a proactive and resolute manner to the growth of the Division.
- Physics, Aerospace, Geospatial engineering or equivalent
The required professional experience is:
- More than 1 year, working in developing applications for a thematic sector agriculture (preferably), land use, urban, energy, marine/maritime, forestry sector.
- More than 5 years, working in Earth Observation and image processing.
- Experience with GIS and image processing tools: QGIS, ArcGIS, ENVI…
- Experience with satellite imagery: Copernicus, Planetscope, Worldview
- Experience in data collection and modelling in agriculture (Vegetation indices, yield forecast, irrigation needs…) or maritime domain
- Good knowledge in one programming language: Python, Java
- Knowledge about image processing algorithms, remote sensing techniques
- Work in Linux/Unix environment
- Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent) Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Not mandatory but useful knowledge
- Machine learning
- Drone imagery processing
- OGC web interface (WMS, WCS, WFS)
- PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Amazon Web Services, Virtual machines
Additional skills that may increase salary potential towards the top of the range:
- Experience working with European Space Agency or other Space Agencies
- PhD related to remote sensing in agriculture.
- Contributions to proposals to Space, European Community Organisations.
- English, Spanish
- Communication and collaboration skills- in an international team on multiple remote sites
- Flexibility to work in new environments, new technologies or new types of work
- Ability to work in several projects at the same time and in teams distributed geographically
A few benefits you will get if you come to work with us:
- Innovative and leading-edge technological projects.
- Nice working climate in a multicultural environment.
- Annual specialised training plan: technologies, soft skills and languages.
- Flexible working hours and remote work several days per week.
- Team building activities: Christmas dinner, football matches, paddle tournaments, cycling routes…
- Relocation package, if you come from another country.
- Coffee, biscuits and fruit are available at your disposal.