Deimos Space UK is selecting a Junior engineer to be involved in development and validation tasks related with GNSS Receivers. We are a team within GNSS Business Unit in Deimos Space that is working to develop GNSS algorithms to enable high precision positioning.
The following main tasks shall be performed:
- Contribute to design and implementation of system prototypes based on FPGA platform for GNSS receiver;
- Hardware in the Loop Testing. Build and maintain custom laboratory set-up for running hardware in the loop (HIL) tests. You will be writing the code to improve the process of running tests and collecting the results.
- Develop scripts (Python) for test automatization (commanding of laboratory instrumentation and processing of measurements)
- Performance assessment activities of GNSS algorithms;
- Work with laboratory instrumentation;
- Support the development and verification of HMI (Human to Machine Interface) tool to interface with the GNSS receiver
- Preparation of relevant documentation;
- A university degree (Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job, with interest/specialization on Control / Estimation / Signal Processing
- Not requred
The following skills and experiences are required:
- Knowledge of scientific tools as Matlab and Python, for analysis, simulation and test automatization
- Experience working with laboratory instrumentation
- Fundamentals of satellite navigation
- System testing and verification;
- RF Electronics / Software Defined Radio / Digital Signal Processing
- Working knowledge and experience in the following areas would be considered as assets:
- Experience in GNSS Performance assessment (RTK, gLab)
- C and Java language;
- SW version control: Git, Subversion, etc.
- Experience in writing of formal technical documentation;
- Fundamentals of FPGA and SoC architecture
- Experience working with ARM processor and FPGA platforms
- Linux and Real-Time OS
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment.
- Rigor, commitment and reliability in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
- Always like to learn new things, in this case, GNSS positioning