The candidate shall design and implement C++ software processing algorithms for scientific data acquired by optical instruments onboard an Earth Observation satellite. These will be used in the ground processor to generate L1 and L2 products.
- Software development
- Software Validation and Verification
- Work with software lead when required to help create the design and support project goals
- A degree in computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics or similar is preferred although not essential if the candidate has the right experience.
- The candidate should have some experience in software development. The position can be tailored depending upon the level of experience.
- Industrial experience would be viewed positively.
- Experience in ESA/European programmes is welcome
- Experience in the Instrument Processing Chain would be helpful.
- Programming languages: Some experience of using C/C++. Experienced Java developers will also be considered and retained in C++.
- Java, MATLAB and web service experience is useful.
- Software engineering methods and techniques.
- A good understanding of maths/physics is helpful.
- Experience in developing or using computer simulations of real-world systems, or in analysis of data.
- Knowledge of image processing techniques should be considered an asset.
- High level of English
- Ability to work in teams.