OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integra>on. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises opera>ng in the aerospace business. Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists. OHB Italia has consolidated exper>se, resources and facili>es to carry out manufacturing, integra>on, qualifica>on and flight cer>fica>on, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of ac>vi>es. Its success is due to a combina>on of t e c h n i c a l e x p e r > s e , i n n o v a > v e technologies and low cost solu>ons, which allow to give customers easy access to space. The company operates both on the ins>tu>onal and commercial markets. Its main customers are space agencies, space authori>es and large industrial groups. OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites Department in Milano for immediate start an ELECTRICAL AIT ENGINEER (m/f) Ref. Electrical AIT engineer In this posi5on, you will support the engineering team on the implementa5on of electrical and func5onal integra5on and test processes in the frame of AIT Campaigns. You will support the AIT manager in the defini5on of the electrical integra5on and test campaigns and you will establish the relevant documents such as plans and procedures. Your Tasks • Independent concept and genera5on of the electrical integra5on and func5onal test procedures at satellite and instrument level in compliance with func5onal requirements and cost/schedule plans • EGSE deployment and setup on the test facility (Integra5on &Test, Environmental Campaign, Launch Site) • Test prepara5on of hardware (configura5on of item under test), including EGSE SCOE. •
In this position, you will support the engineering team on the implementation of electrical and functional integration and test processes in the frame of AIT Campaigns. You will support the AIT manager in the definition of the electrical integration and test campaigns and you will establish the relevant documents such as plans and procedures.
- Independent concept and generation of the electrical integration and functional test procedures at satellite and instrument level in compliance with functional requirements and cost/schedule plans
- EGSE deployment and setup on the test facility (Integration &Test, Environmental Campaign, Launch Site)
- Test preparation of hardware (configuration of item under test), including EGSE SCOE.
- Autonomous execution of integration activities and of electrical tests on platform and satellite level: interface tests, functional tests, performance tests AOCS, Power, TT&R, On-board Data Handling as well as support for payload testing
- Definition of the tests to be performed in the frame of the verification process in agreement with engineering and the AIT/AIV manager
- Inclusion of the electrical test acsvises on the full AIT process in agreement with the AIT manager
The ideal candidate
- has worked for some years in the AIT area of Space Systems;
- has a good hands-on knowledge of the system engineering process for space projects;
- has developed a system-oriented thinking and vision;
- has a good hands-on knowledge of Office Packet;
- is available for business trips and night shifts;
- soft skills driving for the position are:
- ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment;
- creative thinking ability applied to engineering and AIT (concepts and solutions) and in approaching problem solving during the programme development; capability to develop effective ideas;
- commitment to objectives, willingness to take responsibility through motivation, dedication, initiative, pro-activity, autonomy;
- growth potential in terms of adaptability to changing environment and flexibility of mind.