Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfilment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, software, service and support, Honeywell Intelligrated solutions give businesses a competitive edge and optimize operational performance through increased flexibility, efficiency and accuracy.
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join our newly created Intelligrated team based out of our Bracknell location.
What you will be doing?
- Use your electrical engineering knowledge by working on exciting products and processes serving customers globally
- Broaden and expand your knowledge by learning from highly experienced engineers and participating in challenging assignments
- Grow and develop your electrical engineering knowledge in a team-based culture working with innovative products and technologies in the Automation sector.
- Acts as technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the project requirements are fully defined and agreed.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Produces functional and conceptual technical design specifications and provides technical leadership, support and expertise for assigned projects
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to project team fully utilizing standard builds & standardized work
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan, ensures effective change control and identifies risks / opportunities.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
- Actively contributes in the pre-engineering phase of a project. As such, identifies to the customer what information is required before project starts.
- Assist sales organization in defining and estimating the engineering/technical scope of work.
- Assist project manager in defining and estimating the engineering/technical change of work.
- Supports and consults Sales and Marketing; provides guidance relative to base/standard products, documentation, and user guides available
- Attends all project related turnover meetings and functional design reviews
- Manages program requirements and standards
- Manages electrical design efforts in line with program requirements and standards
- Attends all customer related approval meetings
- Monitors project progress and issues from a program perspective
- Monitors/audits drawings/parts and QA activities in line with program requirements and standards
- Ensures proper drawings standards and update practices are followed, maintaining consistency across program accounts
- Ensures proper test plans (Internal, In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance) are created
- Performs project audit (site or remote) to ensure program account standards are being met (drawing standards)
- Prepares and supports creation of subcontract bid documents and approves vendor invoices
- Reviews and consults on open issues; assists with any customer escalations
- Contributes to lessons learned post-mortem engineering review, providing program account expertise and historical perspective
- Coordinates on-site engineering support for installation and go-live.
- Coordinates start up spare parts provision, training and project documentation as required
- Plan and execute project tasks
- Ensure project and product compliance
- Propose technical improvements
- Present to leadership and external customers
YOU MUST HAVE
- Degree, or degree equivalent in electrical engineering: HNC, or HND
- Experience of in the materials handling sector
- Knowledge of European installation standards & regulations
- Experience in the design and installation of SCADA, and Distributed control system wiring applications
- Experience and working knowledge of using eCAD, or VAULT
- Experience in developing procurement templates & BOM’s
- Extensive experience in dealing with customers in remote, and direct site installation activities
- Experience In verifying drawings, and providing technical support / corrections
- Experience in supervising, or working in a team of engineers
- Materials handling experience as an electrical engineer
- Experience of managing small projects, with direct customer exposure
- Knowledge of Honeywell Intelligrated, and solutions
- Experience and understanding of working within a matrix org
- Desirable to be Chartered, CEng
JOB ID: req196342
Location: Skimped Hill Lane, Downshire Way, Bracknell, BERKSHIRE RG12 1EB GBR