Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services.
OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES
Analytical Space, Inc. is a venture-backed startup developing a network of small satellites that use a combination of RF and laser communication to provide global data relay services. The network will connect remote sensing satellites when they would otherwise be idle, such as over the ocean, enabling greater data throughput and lower latency.
The company is based out of MIT’s “The Engine,” a home for Tough Tech founders building the next generation of world-changing companies in Cambridge. We are recruiting people with cutting-edge minds that thrive in a fast-paced startup environment to work with us to deploy a constellation of satellites that enables a real-time view of our planet.
We are looking for an electrical engineer who will help us advance our optical communications system development. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to help bring our collective vision of a space data relay network to life!
On a daily basis, you’ll carry out various engineering tasks such as: performing calculations to ensure our electronics systems meet the strict survival requirements for space missions; board design, assembly, and testing; and technical presentations to leadership and customers. You will work with our communications and software engineering teams to field transformational optical communications (laser comm) technology on our upcoming missions. You’ll also research on manufacturing processes and analyze data and trends to create new products.
Ultimately, you will directly impact Analytical Space by helping us grow and improve our company’s products and processes and contribute to our continued growth and success.
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and products
- PCB layout and design, including component selection and sourcing
- Prototyping and assembly of circuit boards for rapid development efforts
- Create thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, and calculations
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Design and build electrical systems to support, command and power a high-speed optical communications system.
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout and mechanical integration
- Oversee prototyping and assembly of advanced mixed-signal (analog/digital) systems
- A degree in Electrical Engineering; MSc is a plus
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer in the space sector and R&D teams
- In-depth knowledge and experience with electrical product design of sensitive analog, high-speed digital and power electronics.
- Hands-on experience using design, calculation, and modeling software
- Deep knowledge of electronic systems manufacturing and assembly processes
- Problem-solving abilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience with electrical product design including PCB design, analog electronics, and digital electronics
- Experience with computer aided design/analysis tools such as Solidworks, Matlab, Altium, ADS, and HFSS.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of electronic systems manufacturing, assembly processes and space-related requirements.
- Embedded systems experience
- Proficiency in C, C++, Python, Matlab, an Simulink
- Experience designing and modeling control systems
- Experience taking product from prototype to deployment
- Experience with photonics, opto-electronics, and general knowledge of optical systems
- Experience with FPGA-based design & Verilog/HDL