All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Technician to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electronic / Electrical Assembly
- Electrical circuit fault finding and diagnosis
- Assemble cables, conduct hand soldering or assemble prototype products based on schematic diagrams; accurately mark changes when instructions vary.
- Conduct and record product tests and diagnostic activities to support the production process.
- Mechanical enclosure / component assembly
- Ensure all parts meet quality standards
- Build small control panels for basic machine automation
- Install field wiring and termination of motors, sensors and smart devices
- Use of power tools
- Manual handling
Preferred skills and experience: –
- Minimum 2 years’ experience is essential for this role and should include experience within a high reliability operating environment, ideally within the space/aerospace industry.
- Advanced Diploma in Electronics / Electrical Engineering
- Must have exceptional time management, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems and propulsion engines. Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity. Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- It is essential to have the skills to work efficiently in a team environment and should have a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department.
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.