Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd (EOS) is a leading Australian technology company operating in the space and defence markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Opportunity
The Materials Handler is responsible for receipt of goods, filling kanbans to replenish stock to production, picking Kits, stocktaking, cycle counting and driving tasks. This role includes physical lifting and handling.
Key duties include:
- Ensure stocks and consumables at production are replenished daily and report on any materials shortages.
- Ensuring daily goods receipt of inward deliveries is performed.
- Assemble suitable kits of parts in the store, record their transfer to production in the ERP software, and deliver the kits to relevant production areas.
- Ensure all parts in stores are kept properly packed and labelled.
- Conduct regular cycle counting of stock, and assist in periodic stock take exercises and report on stock discrepancies.
- Maintain and Operate Material Handling Equipment.
- Conduct driving tasks as directed.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and work well within a team.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in retail or warehousing.
- Experience inventory management.
- Forklift license an advantage.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
To learn more about EOS employment opportunities, please visit: www.eos-aus.com