Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd (EOS) is a leading Australian technology company operating in the space and defence markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
C4 EDGE (Evolutionary Digital Ground Environment) is a defence industry cooperative of C4 subject matter experts leading a communications program scoping the demonstration of a sovereign land battlegroup and below communications environment for the Australian Army.
The C4 EDGE program will leverage internationally agreed open standards to grow and demonstrate Australian C4 (command control communications and computers) industry capacity and ability to deliver a battlegroup and below C4 capability demonstration.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the role
The Communications Engineer is responsible to the program Lead Engineer for hardware and software engineering aspects of the C4 EDGE Program.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Developing and documenting the System design and architecture.
- Develop and produce Battle-group and below Operational Concepts
- Conduct and oversight of all system integration activities for the program, including interface definition, integration, and verification activities.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with partner companies and coordinating engineering efforts.
- Supervising the activities of the Integration Technician.
- Providing input into engineering risk and issue monitoring, managing and reporting in conjunction with the Deputy Program Lead.
- Supporting requirements decomposition.
- Supporting the production and maintenance of System Engineering documentation.
- Supporting the Lead Engineer in the planning and conduct of Engineering Working Groups.
- You will be Degree Qualified and be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the tactical C4 environment.
- It is preferred if you have previous roles within complex tactical C4 projects/programs involving integration activities.
- Experience within a PSI environment an advantage.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance if required.