Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia's leading defence and aerospace exporter.
Job Category: Biotech, R&D, Science,Engineering
EOS Space Systems is an electro optics technology developer and systems integration company, dealing primarily with leading edge space situational awareness systems and custom observatories in Australia and oversees.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the role
We are looking for a mechanical engineer with a strong practical focus. We work in telescopes, custom domes, GRP structures and custom mobile enclosures for space observatories and ground-to space laser ranging systems. As mechanical engineer your duties will relate to design, testing, manufacture and installation of OEM and custom mechanical systems for the advancement of automated laser tracking systems around the world.
This will include:
- Undertake the conceptualisation, design and procurement of new mechanical and opto-mechanical systems for Space Systems products
- Facilitate third party manufacture of mechanical solutions already designed, using retrieved data packs of known configuration status
- Test designed subassemblies and assemblies such that they cannot fail due to any expected operational method or ageing process; document test results
- Document design efforts according to procedures, such that peers can reproduce or extend the work already done
- Install mechanical systems inside designated spaces, such that maintenance access is available
- You will be able to work collaboratively and communicate well with others, as well as self-motivated and professional.
- You will be able to think at different levels of details from concept through to circuit analysis, and enjoy challenges.
You should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualification in Engineering or similar discipline is essential
- Qualified in design and evaluation of analogue and digital electronics
- Programming of custom digital electronics or single board computers
Below is a self-evaluation for appealing real-world abilities in this role. If you have some of these skills, and the desire and aptitude to learn more, let us know in your application:
- Mechanical design
- Materials science and materials interfacing
- Stress/ strain analysis
- Tolerance analysis
- Protective coatings for metals
- Finite Element Analysis: thermal and/ or strain modelling
- Mechanical design software: SolidWorks, ProEngineer or similar
- Mathematical software: Mathcad, Matlab, Maple or similar
- Mechanical fabrication and assembly, including the safe use of hand and machine tools
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.