Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia's leading defence and aerospace exporter.
Job Category: Biotech, R&D, Science,Engineering
EOS Space Systems is an electro optics technology developer and systems integration company, dealing primarily with leading edge space situational awareness systems and custom observatories in Australia and oversees.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the Role
We are looking for an electrical engineer with design experience and the ability to coordinate activities within a small team. We work in low speed analogue, high speed analogue and digital domains, covering entire lifecycles from design to obsolescence. Digital design incorporate embedded computing and bespoke capabilities. Integration of reliable in-house electronics and third party components to laser tracking observatories is the major requirement, with creation of documented data packs for future re-manufacture.
This role reports to the Manager Research and Development, but is required to work in an operations environment at times. General guidance is provided as procedures according to our ISO9001:2015 certified methods.
Environments may be harsh or benign, and a systems approach is well regarded during observatory project completion. Some night work will be required, and occasional travel to our national and international sites.
The primary duties include:
- Develop new subsystem products to solve problems associated with operating an automated observatory environment
- Assist the efforts of colleagues where education or experience allows any significant contribution or added value. This will be valued as a team oriented approach.
- Support the Engineering team design activities, including compliance with procedural methods.
- Engage with Research and Development Manager where facilitation of efforts is required, or other support. Balance self-direction and requests for assistance/ support.
- You will be able to work collaboratively and communicate well with others, as well as self-motivated and professional.
- You will be able to think at different levels of details from concept through to circuit analysis, and enjoy challenges.
You should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualification in Engineering is essential
- Qualified in design and evaluation of analogue and digital electronics
- Some experience with managing small teams, with relevant diplomacy skills
- Must be able eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance and must be eligible for an Australian passport.
Below is a self-evaluation for appealing real-world abilities in this role. If you have some of these skills, and the desire and aptitude to learn more, let us know in your application:
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- PCB design and fabrication
- PCB design software: Altium Designer
- Simulation software: SPICE or similar
- Mathematical software: Mathcad, Matlab, Maple or similar
- Use of single board computers such as Beaglebone, Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Industrial networking: Ethernet, EtherCat, CAN, RS485, ModBus
- Quality hand soldering
- Wiring loom design and fabrication
- Mechanical fabrication, including the safe use of hand and machine tools
- Debugging to system, board and component levels
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date.
To learn more about EOS employment opportunities, please visit: www.eos-aus.com