Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
About the role
The Junior Project Manager (PM) is a member of the Project Management Team. The Junior PM manages EOS Defence Systems projects as required and is responsible for their coordination and completion on-time and within budget and scope. This position is responsible for one or more projects under guidance.
Duties will include:
- Manage projects under supervision to ensure that all deliverables are on time, in budget and technically correct within scope.
- Support the assessment of resource requirements and the allocation of resources for specific elements of the projects.
- Co-ordinate internal stakeholders including production and engineering groups to ensure contract milestones are achieved within specified cost and time constraints.
- Under supervision, ensure that project planning, monitoring and reporting provides accurate information to enable the VP Programs to assess project performance.
- Communicate plans, needs and results to the VP Programs.
- Deliver configuration control and compliance ensuring supporting company documentation is accurate and current.
- Undertake liaison and relationship management with EOS customers and strategic partners necessary to deliver the projects including engagement in key or targeted customer activities.
To be successful in this role you will have effective communication skills, both written and verbal; and the ability to lead a team and work across a matrixed organisation. You work well in a fast-paced environment. You have strong attention to detail, and good stakeholder management skills.
For this role:
- Two to five years’ experience in project management is highly desirable.
- Experience in Defence acquisition and procurement is highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in project management are desirable.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please apply now with your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
You must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain Australian Government security clearance.